1st ILGM grow - Superskunk(fem)

I also got about a half gram of scissor-hash, and I threw the gloves I used in the freezer with the trim. I’ll use them for the bubble hash and most of the goodies should come off :wink:

2 gallon ziplocks of trim to run.

1 Like

1 Like

Actually thinking about throwing the rheostat on the exhaust fan and sticking them back in the grow room for one night with continuous airflow, then slow dry after that.

Battery backup can help with power outage but not for putting the fan on a timer.

Great fan, but bummer that it doesn’t solve for my use case.

Just feeling it, I think this will look better dried and cleaned. There is very little larf. Every little nug is dense, so I think the weight might be closer to 30% than 25%, but we’ll see. If you look at the secondary and tertiary buds on each stem, they are fat, and I trimmed close.

I dropped it on the ground 3 times to get the loose dirt off :slight_smile:

I don’t get the issue - it has a USB cable. With a plug-in it can go on a timer - and have a battery back-up incase power goes out. I don’t see the issue.

And here’s the collection. the T is the top, obviously, but the others with marks all have huge tops.

4 Likes

Congrats on the harvest. Looks like you came out pretty good on both of them.

1 Like

I’m serious about not seeing the larf like on the other one. There are two or three lower stems that don’t have much there, but I’m hopeful. Odd thing with the math for grams and having 560 to start with (20oz) the percentages from drying are even ounces.
If it keeps
20% 4oz.
25% 5oz.
30% 6oz.
So my 4-6oz guess is spot on. Plus I already have a half ounce dry that I snipped on the new moon for giggles.

2 Likes

Damn you can’t complain about that. Should keep you in happy mood for quite a while. I’m still curious how the two will compare in high type.

1 Like

I know I got the cool-fuzzies from the scissor hash, and that buzz lasted about an hour.

I had a few mis-snips getting fan-leaf stems, so I have a few bud-chunks on the dehydrator with the fan on but no heat.

Cool well hopefully there’ll be enough difference to notice.

1 Like

Had to stop and eat something, and I’m going to get some beer before I start the bubble hash. May pick up a sack of ice in case my ice-maker ice isn’t enough. I should be able to run it in one big batch though.

Have you tried co2 hash? Made the same way just with dry ice and a lot of shaking. I have a friend who does it with frozen quarters. Makes a cleaner hash that’s dry. Smokeable as it’s made.

1 Like

I don’t have dry ice, but I have an icemaker on my freezer. I saw that on a weed-cooking show though.

First run on the left, with the 25micron as the catcher, and a 120micron as an intermediary. The second two I just got rid of the 120 micron and just used the 220 and the 25. It’s all for me to use, and I’m probably making butter with most of it, so I can filter it later. But after it dries I may puck the first run and let it cure. That’ll dry blonde as anything.

4 Likes

Now I need to weigh the buds. I want to see a decent 5% or more weight loss before I turn the exhaust fan off, just to make sure any of the water I added is gone and then some…

Here’s the size comparison on the big bud. 2 views.

5 Likes

Try it. You’ll see the issue :wink:

Have you noticed that the button to turn it on does not stay in the pressed position? So basically you plug this fan into a timer, then you have to press either 1, 2, or 3 in order for it to go on.

The fan is working and running, the timer shuts it off. Then the timer give it power again when it’s time, but the fan won’t default back to the position it was in before the power shutoff. It’ll be in the off position.

The battery backup, I’m assuming is to keep the fan running, not to return it to the on position once power comes back.

Does this help to clarify the issue I’m referring to?

1 Like