1st ILGM grow - Superskunk(fem)

After harvest I’m leveling the raised floor I have in the closet. seemed a good idea to have if sloped towards the door a little - until I tried to water in the closet and it all wanted to go to one side of the pot…

Also installing this, (6", over 300 cfm compared to 190)

And I’ll have a 4" loud exhaust fan for my workshop.

3 Likes

And I have a never used rheostat because the other fan had to run at full-speed the whole time.

1 Like

Wow dude you post everyday on the hour every hour. I can barely keep up with how much you post but great job on your grow and I hope the new fan makes a difference for you.

4 Likes

My lights come on in the 18/6 tent at 6am, and in the flower closet at 7am. I take care of the plants first thing, and part of that is looking at the trichomes close in some pics :wink: So I share, and add notes for later.

3 Likes

Also, regardless of foxtails, I am basing harvest on the “old growth” - or Michael…

1 Like

What are these foxtails you have referred to a few times?

Mold can still grow in a vacuum. So sounds like you did the right thing.

3 Likes

The new fans of pistils popping out also look to have new structure to them as well as pistils. If they continue to grow on their own, it will look like little finger-buds coming off the main bud.
InkedIMG_5954_LI

2 Likes

@Reaplenish has several on his grow.

3 Likes

Got it! Thanks for clarifying.

So the theory is that this late in growth (week7 of flower) you should just go by what you have been watching if new stuff shows up. Volume-wise you could over-ripen 95% of your crop by watching the new growth.

1 Like

Random bitch.

I really do appreciate that the pro’s and regulars on here really can help us get the best harvest possible out of whatever wreck of a plant we’ve created.

that said “Oh, you have at least another week” is getting to be a standard reply.

I think that ‘situationality’ should be applied when giving harvest recommendations. If someone is sitting on 12 pounds of 7 strains from his last harvest, “Is this ready” requires a less thoughtful answer than the person growing their first few plants and really needing the beginnings of a stash.

Many more options than “Not yet”.

1 Like

I dont think that works that way, it is ready when it is ready. It will get you high of course but chopping to soon takes away alot from the end product you would get if you waited the right time. Ive done it, and then wished I didnt have and will never do it again. Of course people do whatever they want with their plants when the need is there.

2 Likes

ripeness is a personal decesion… so when i answer a question like this i will give you my opinion of a ripeness to my liking… and will add that i like a heavier effect… so yea,it would be good to be more colorful in our answers instead of the same ol,same ol…but it is still up to your eyes to tell… no harm no foul,i hear ya.

2 Likes

I guess my point is that - having been high for a few days off of ‘early stuff’ - can my stuff I’m smoking be stronger? Sure. But to tell a person in the desert their water is not quite perfect yet is infuriating to me for some reason. There are options, even with one plant, to get a good harvest and ‘fill the need’.

1 Like

I understand your point. I think first, people need to determine what your goals are before weight in on how you’re trying to get there. Sure, if the goal is max THC levels, then yes, there is a very specific time when you need to harvest.

If the goal is to go more couch lock and not worry so much about the THC levels, then perhaps it’s up to your personal liking of how couch lock you want it to be.

Honestly dude, don’t trip, just absorb what’s useful and let the stuff that’s not bounce right off ya. That’s how I see it. Life’s too short brother.

2 Likes

Not for me. I DGAF what people say because I have read the source material and know what they are referencing. I also know some people choose not to read, their loss. I also have a slightly ‘stronger’ personality than some :wink:

But some don’t present options, and IMHO should just not waste their time instead of presenting their opinion as the word of God.

1 Like

I think this shows the ‘new growth’ stuff I was talking about. The new white parts are mainly on the top.

2 Likes

Final combined weight from Petunia was 86g.or 3.07 oz. Not a bad guess from day one. And the top buds weighed 57g. the rest was larf.

All the big ones get a full slow cure, but I’ll be picking through the small nuggies as needed :slight_smile:

Weed-bank is rich, with another deposit to go!

3 Likes

A smoke report and other curing and drying stuff.

I have an ounce of Orange Kush left, that is very couch-locky and is now safe from being ravaged. All the pea-sized double-nugs at the bases of all the stems dried first and got a little quick cure. The taste isn’t much on this, but no cough. It has a light, almost sage smell. The bigger buds curing have the same profile but stronger smell. Buzz-wise It goes straight to the head and then spreads out. Makes me want to do about 3 things at once LOL

The 2 ‘karma’ buds I took during the new moon or libra or whatever are definitely different. Very fruity/spicy smelling, but after 2 days it is getting a little skunky undertone. Pretty sure it is more about the terpenes maturing than anything to do with potency but they will definitely be more potent. very frosty compared to the first plant.

2 Likes