1st ILGM grow - Superskunk(fem)

I didn’t know that. I have used Cal-Mag quite a few times in the past month to fix some leaf spotting and everything seems to be fine. Does AN specify what problems would arise form doing so?

Sorry to muddy up your post with this @Whodat66. I’ll make it brief.

No problem dude, I like learning, and I post pics of furniture and fish and stuff LOL

2 Likes

I am fixing my screwed up schedule from an earlier post and making sure it matches the FF one exactly - and I’ll make any adjustments on my own, rather than change the schedule.

I believe it plays with their “PH perfect” technology. I made lots or reseach about ANs because @screwauger had issues with his plant. People emailed ANs with various problems and they would answer to not use cal mag. Since I stopped using cal mag my plants seems.much more healthy.

1 Like

I could be wrong, but it seemed to me when I was choosing that it was geared more to hydro. FF having the specialized nutes (and a decent reason for them), as well as them having their own brands of pH balanced soils, I chose - wisely I think, but we’ll see.

Fixed again…

1 Like

It has been about 1 week, 3 waterings since I used Cal-Mag. I’ll not use it anymore. Although my plants are doing well.

My Blue Cheese grow thread. Have a look.

1 Like

Already watching it LOL

So I wasn’t sure about watering Petunia, but I want her to get some nutes. Is this too stoner or what?

I mixed a gallon of nutes. Watered Nancy over the course of a half hour, and she kept 3/4 gal.

After I checked the run-off (on target) I collected the run-off, thinned it with water to make a half gallon (re-pH’d), and soaked petunia with the thinned run-off.

1 Like

I also ph’d some water and did a foliar “rinse” to make sure no nute-drops stayed put.

So here’s Nancy - The Unmolested - Nute-sucker" (her name keeps growing and she does LOL) in natural light with and without flash.

2 Likes

Same for Petunia

3 Likes

And for my soaking method, you know a lot of the water comes right out the side of the pot in little trickles. I poured in about a quart, then as it ‘leaked’ massaged the sides to get it to soak in. After I finished with the pitcher using this process for any leaks, I collected the run-off and ran it back through, then called it good and checked the runoff.

2 Likes

I love my job :wink:

If anyone was wondering, I did the chart for me as a checklist, to print out and mark stuff off as added. "error-trapping you might say.

1 Like

What job? I thought this was a labor of love!!! :grin:

I put in effort, and am rewarded for that effort in kind - capitalism rocks!

2 Likes

Seriously, I’m Irish and I think the predetermination to grow things in inherent in my genetics. I do love it and live it (as evidenced by the property I chose). I love fresh tomatoes too, but if I can find a good farmers market that saves me the time and trouble, I’m good with paying others for their ‘love’

2 Likes

Funny about the tomatoes as I just gave my “daughter” a 2 gallon bucket full this morning. I didn’t get them washed in time for the local food bank and was glad to find a home for them. I’m trying to work on some other things and not up to teaching myself to can this year. Besides, she makes a tasty salsa and I will get some :grin:

2 Likes

Next year woman, we’ll have a 'mater contest!!! LOL

1 Like

Actually, I saw an article about growing them in hay-bales. Still haven’t tried that one.

1 Like