1st harvest need advice

I got me a cheap electronic microscope from Amazon that hooks up to my computer…its the way forward :nerd_face:

1 Like

Yup mine hooks up to my phone

life is sweet !

1 Like

could you send link or brand and model please and thank you

https://www.amazon.com/Jiusion-Magnification-Endoscope-Microscope-Compatible/dp/B06WD843ZM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?keywords=usb+microscope&qid=1570211951&sprefix=usb+micros&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExV0YwQU1FUk9HTUhWJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTg2ODE2UlY1Q1NXSU1UWFU5JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA4NTk0NTMzTlFTUjNYV0dUOEZGJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

1 Like

u can get close ups also

1 Like

could you send link or brand and model please and thank you so can find a good one

Killadruid is on the case .
Its a BRESSER electronic microscope from Germany.

2 Likes

Is your tent completely sealed off and not exhausting out any hot air @BG?

Cuz if it is your just exhausting any co2 generated straight out of your tent!

3 Likes

So if I were to supliment co2 I’d just have to put my exhaust to just turn on when the temp gets to high? Or how do u control the temps @TDubWilly

1 Like

Ahhh that’s the real question!! @Killadruid

The old way but still used: seal everywhere that wall meets sealing and wall meets floor.

All of your AC and filtration equipment is in what’s called a “lung room”. Cold air is vented from the lung room to the grow room and the heat that is created is then exhausted out of the grow room into the lung room to be reconditioned again. This explains it a little and if you Google “lung room” then you can learn a whole lot more

Then there is the new way @Killadruid and it is absolutely badd ass for running 1200-1500 ppms but my finances aren’t there for this. It’s the mini split way!!! Go through this video very slowly rewinding if you think you missed something cuz they show all kinds of sealed room setups with mini splits. These are literally my dream grow rooms if they remove the HID lighting.

Then there is my way. I have a tank a regulator ship it only releases so much CO² @Killadruid but I have perforated hoses coming of my regulator that deliver co² directly to the plant canopy…they call it a rain shower

Grow Crew Hydroponic CO2 Enrichment Kit | Includes 20 lb Aluminum CO2 Tank, Carbon Accelerator CO2 Regulator, Spartan Series Repeat Cycle Timer, and a Active Air Rain System to Shower Your Plants

You can see the black hoses in the link, they are all perforated and can be weaved into a scrog net to deliver co² all up in the canopy. It has an electrical cord that can be plugged into your light timer so it is off when the lights are off and will come on as soon as they do.

With all that said, my room is not completely sealed either. What I count on is the fact that I have built my room to have a slightly negative pressure so air and co2 doesn’t escape easily and the secondary fact that all my co2 is being delivered right at the canopy.

I have no doubt that the device you bought can raise your rooms co2 poms @BG but think about it like your lungs…I have no doubt you can increase the amount of oxygen in your lungs if you take a giant breath, but the second you exhale its all gone. The same goes with your exhaust designed to keep your tents cool…sure they are keeping them cool, but they are “e-mailing” your co2 clean out of your tent also

2 Likes

You can see in mine that I literally just weaved that perforated hose (mine is clear, the one in the Amazon link above is black) directly into a scrog screen right on top of the canopy

Sometimes I even push it down into the canopy a little to get that co2 all up in there

1 Like

Veg tent is good, so is the flower tent…butt don’t be running co2 in about the last 3 weeks of flower. It plus more lighting and nutrients will push the plant harder and harder causing it to transpire more resulting in elevated humidity and a potential battle with mold

3 Likes

Nice good information to know so for me only supliment co2 during winter when I can run my exhaust back into that basement

1 Like

Oh, really? Yea I have a exhaust system to help control my heat. From my understanding the co2 drops to the bottom and my fans circulates everything through out the tent. While the intake and exhaust system keeps everything fresh. But most of the co2 gets used up by the plants.

Co2 is heavier than air but it’s not heavy enough that a 240cfm or a 440cfm fan can’t lift it up and out if your tent

1 Like

Its been awhile since I’ve been on here, and I think I’m doing it wrong lol. Yea I just put a co2 bag in my flower tent about 2 weeks ago. Takes 30-45 days to activate and my temps stay around 80-85 deg day time 45-50 humidity and 72-77 at night with 55 humidity. It’s hard to control as you all know.

1 Like

Extremely hard.

I know the salesman st to put that generator in the top of the tent and let it “rain” down but if your running exhaust I would personally put it in the bottom and let the exhaust pull it up past the plant.

2 Likes

True co2 rooms take allot of extra planning and building

2 Likes