1st Growing Time For A Journal

Here is my setup:
Tent: 4x4x6
Light: California Light Works with Controller
System: Active Aqua Ebb and Flow
Reservoir: 55gal with 2 large Air Stones

Currently have had 2 in the ground for 1 week and 2 more just starting.
Day 1
Plant 1:

Plant 2:
Week 1
Plant 1:
Plant 2:

Here are some stats:
5/29
Ppm 500
Ph: 5.7
Temp 70

5/30
Ppm 510
Ph: 5.6
Temp 70

6/2
Ppm: 560
Ph: 6.2 added Acid
Temp: 70

6/3
Ppm: 560
Ph: 5.8
Temp: 70

6/4
Ppm 560
Ph 5.6
Temp71

6/5
Ppm 570
Ph 5.6
Temp 70

6/6
Ppm 560
Ph 5.7
Temp 70

1 Like

What strain(s)are you growing?

I have no idea!!! They were bag seeds. Wanted to start with something that was free and get all the kinks worked out.

1 Like

I am also doing a form of a hydro grow, I am using a self built Aeroponic system. Just 2 plants in a 27 gallon tote.

Both are Girl Scout cookie extreme, one is about 2 weeks or so older though.

2 Likes

Looking good. You’ll like that light. A buddy of mine swears by them. Hangin along for the ride.

The girls are doing amazingly well! Ph has been steady around 5.6/5.6, nutes have been holding strong at around 560s Ppm. Going to start letting Ph creep a little to 5.9-6.2, thinking about the other nutes they are missing. What do you think?

@DaneDad they look good! The ideal ph is 5.8, so if you can get it there and leave it there, perfect. Mine seems to fluctuate between 5.75 and 6.0.
Going to follow your journal if you don’t mind?

1 Like

I’m Danielle, do you mind if I follow along? Your baby girls look so good. :grinning:

1 Like

They are trying to tell me something and I’m working on making them happy. I have been allowing the Ph to climb a little to allow the uptake of other nutes. The Ph over the past 4-5 days has only gone up .6 from 5.4 to 6. Water Temp is at 70. Ppms are at 550. (After reading some more on leaf canoeing…I wussed out and dropped the Ph back down and will bring it back to the low side where they were happier).
I have been messing around the their water cycle timer but that was only for 24hr. I have a problem with the controller time and Hydrofarm is making a new one. The current timer is running fast.

1 Like

Have had a problem with little white gnats in with seedlings and around the reservoir. Catch glue boards full every few days. Today I went to garden center and got some for them. Was directed to Hydro store for additional help. (Should have known…just go there but took matters into my own hands and ended up there anyway!) Was given a product to use called GoGnats. Came home followed instructions added to Reservoir and BAM this shit happened.
Go to website it appears that this is a thing with the product.

No way am I letting that stuff run though my system. What in the hell are they thinking?? Really this is what you want me to run though my pumps??

Ended up dumping reservoir. Adding all new nutes and going back to fresh clean water. I did however mix a spray bottle of it and it mixed just fine.

Switched up Ph Up and Down products. Had the cheaper up and down stuff to start. It does what it was suppose to do but it took more to do the job. Started using Advanced Nutrients Ph Down and WOW, you have to be careful with that shit! It doesn’t take up a small amount to change big numbers in a 55gal reservoir.

Well I think the ladies are happy! Roots are nice and white, have multiple arms on all and both of them look around the same. (Need two people to take pics of roots.)
#1- Has been doing really well. Getting bigger all the time.

2- Has been getting some size finally. No question about it, she is happy.

1 Like

Took and moved plants around the other day. Everyone is seems to be happy!! Then I looked down at and under some of the larger leaves and found this!

I have ordered some CalMag that I think will take care of the issue. While it is showing on older growth and not new growth, I feel that it’s a wise move.
Ph: 5.4
Ppm: 730
Temp: 72