1st grow White Widow auto

OK, we are two weeks into it…

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto) White Widow Auto
-Age of plant/what week of flower two weeks
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF Foxfarm Ocean Forest
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots 2 fabric and 2 pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) n/a
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable n/a
-Method used to measure PH and TDS n/a
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space indoor, unused bedroom
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other Spider Farmer SF1000 LED
-Actual wattage draw of lights about 100 watts
-Current Light Schedule 18/6
-Temps; Day, Night between 70-75
-Humidity; Day, Night ambient
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size windows, fan
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, nope
-Co2; Yes, No nope

Think I may have overwatered this one:

Here are the rest:

Any observations/thoughts would be appreciated. 3 of 4 look good IMO. Thanks!

2 Likes

Welcome.
I’m also on my 1st WWA grow. Not a 1st-time grower, but my experience was 20+ years ago.
Didn’t even have Autos back then. Lots of good info here and knowledgeable growers!
Questions for you:
2 pots 2 bags, why? What does that soil media have nutes added already?

You can check out my WWA journal here:

1 Like

Hi,
I already had the pots and thought I’d try the bags as an experiment. In fact, since this is my first time growing, this whole thing is an experiment.

The Foxfarm soil is pretty hefty with nutes from what I understand, so I wasn’t planning on adding any until later in the growth cycle.

Thanks for the link to your journal!

Not an answer to your question just an observation. Im no expert or anything but I think you may have issues when the plants get bigger due to the soil level in those fabric pots. Hopefully someone else will chime in on this.

Sometimes media with nutes added already can be too much for some seedlings.
As long as she doesn’t go all yellow on you she should probably pull through it.
It is tempting, but don’t overwater them at this stage. Especially the yellow one.
You could try just misting her leaves with distilled water for a while and see if that helps her.
Just because the soil on top looks dry doesn’t mean you need to water them! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Too much soil or not enough?

Too little imho. As you water the soil will compact and you will be sunk down even farther I would think. But get a second opinion.

I say soil level is just fine for a 3 Gal pot. Mine is about the same.
Autos apparently sense the size of their grow media and size themselves appropriately.
Bigger pot = Bigger plant Or so they say, IDK.
I guess this size will produce a reasonable yield. IMHO

Welcome to the forum.

Couple of suggestions/comments.

You’ll want to fill up those bags with soil to within a couple of inches of the rim. Bigger root systems = better cannabis.

Get yourself pH and PPM meters. You will want to test runoff after you start feeding for proper pH and PPM levels.

You are going to need more light or less plants. The light you have will flower 1 plant.

You’re probably going to want a bigger light once they get to flower. I guess 100w will work, but your buds won’t be as good than if you flowered them under 200+ watts.

1 Like