1st grow > Tent setup - and suggestions, recommendations or needed changes?

I was looking at these.

amazon.com

Amazon.com : 2022 SPIDER FARMER SF2000 LED Grow Lights with Samsung LM301B…

Amazon.com : 2022 SPIDER FARMER SF2000 LED Grow Lights with Samsung LM301B Diodes & Dimmable Lights Full Spectrum Growing Lamp for Indoor Plants Hydroponics Veg Bloom for 4x2/3x3 Grow Tent 200W : Patio, Lawn & Garden

amazon.com

Amazon.com : 2022 Upgraded MARS HYDRO TSL2000 Led Grow Light 300watt Daisy Chain…

Amazon.com : 2022 Upgraded MARS HYDRO TSL2000 Led Grow Light 300watt Daisy Chain Dimmable 2x4ft Full Spectrum Grow Light for Indoor Plants Veg Bloom Light with Prosfessional Hydroponic Growing Light for Greenhouse : Patio, Lawn & Garden

This one’s a little steep…

amazon.com

Amazon.com: Mars Hydro SP3000 LED Grow Lights 2x4ft, 300W with 960Pcs Samsung…

Buy Mars Hydro SP3000 LED Grow Lights 2x4ft, 300W with 960Pcs Samsung LM301B Diodes Full Spectrum Indoor Grow Lamp with Detachable Driver, Daisy Chain Dimmable Veg Flower Commercial Grow Light: Growing Lamps - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on…

2 Likes

@Doob
sorry brother…plenty of help here to get you back going again!

1 Like

@Doob
I have the SF 2000 in my small 3x3 tent. It worked great. I haven’t used the Mars lights so have no input. If you have a small tent then sf2000 will work. What sized tent?

Just saw from the other thread you have 4 x 2. I believe you will need 2 of the SF2000.

2 Likes

I have the top one. It works well in my 2x4 clone/veg tent. I flowered with it once, and it did OK. I have since upgraded by adding a second tent. I very highly recommend HLG lights. In my 2x4 flower tent, I have an HLG 260XL Rspec with an additional HLG 135 Rspec attached to the center. The Rspec adds additional red LEDs to assist in flower, they also have a BSpec which adds additional blue.

2 Likes

Are you sure? I don’t think 2 would fit in a 2x4. The dimensions are 10.5"D x 25.5"W x 2.3"H

@Newt not 100% no, but I have one of them and it doesn’t even come close to the walls, so I am pretty certain

Going forward I bet you’d really be pleasantly surprised if you upgraded to a square light for your 3x3. The light you’re using is more suited for rectangular tents, and creates extremely low PPFD spots along the tent edges running perpendicular to the length of the lights. Anything less than 400W by late flower in that growing space will result in a reduce yield. Even my 450W TS 4000 is about 200 watts under what is should be for my 4x4 in flower.

Edit: never mind, might be a light mix up haha. Standing by.

2 Likes

Well, two side by side would be 21" x 25.5", so I guess you could. But mine covers my 2x4 pretty well.

1 Like

Damn those HLG ain’t cheap, lol
But the 175 I spent on the one I got seems to have been a waste.
Is the HLG that much better than a 2022 Upgraded MARS HYDRO TSL2000 Led Grow Light 300watt?
I’d rather not drop a bunch more $$$ on lights after this purchase so whatever I do I’m hoping for 1 and done this time.

1 Like

I don’t have any experience with Mars lights. But I do see people getting good results with them.

Let’s tag in our resident light expert. @dbrn32

2 Likes

They’re expensive, but they’re worth it. I bought a big new bar light for my other 4x4. Local guy (To Richmond) is building the. Supposedly to same specifications as HLG. I paid $700…haven’t started in that one yet though. Lot cheaper than hlg…

People swear by them, but I’m getting by with Mars Hydro (TS3000 and FCE6500), Bloom Plus (400W), and Vivosun(400W) lights LOL. Not exactly the Rolls Royce of lights, but definitely respectable brands. The total wattage out the walls fulfill my needs for final flower and results are amazing.

Always go by ACTUAL wattage the device consumes for your calculations. None of that HID equivalent crap that light manufacturers like to prey on people with.

1 Like

@Newt sorry, you were right sir, the light that came with that 3x3 was an SF 1000…sorry guys

2 Likes

Two of those would work OK. But might cost more than the 2000.

1 Like

Agreed, best to just get the 2000. Just making sure I am not spreading misinformation…

Don’t look at it as a waste. There is a whole learning curve when starting to grow cannabis. Look at it as you learned, have some additional lights for seedlings and early veg as I am sure as you go down this rabbit hole you may decide to buy a small tent just for small plants that do not need alot of light and you have the lights. I have 2 of the Mars TS1000 so I am putting 300w at the canopy and although I have produced a good final product with these lights, I am going to buy the Diablo 350 from HLG as the diodes, efficiency, umols and g/watts is so much better. Here are a few pics of the plants life using the TS1000’s. Can’t wait for christmas so I can gift myself the new HLG.

I started with the lil tent on the right and a very small brigniite 60w

The above pic is after i bought the bigger tent and still only had the 1 TS1000.

Then I added the 2nd TS1000
and here she is today.

I would take your time and buy a light that will not need to be upgraded or switched out. Buy the light you want to die with. The HLG will be my 4th light and I started growing again when I dropped this bean from ILGM on 2/22.

2 Likes

You can use promo code ‘Dude’ at checkout for the HLG lights. I just ordered the HLG 260XL Rspec kit and it came down from $315 to $251. Bought it for my 2x4 tent.

3 Likes

sweet stickyicky, thanks for the code. I will be using that fo sho!

1 Like

OK can we back up a sec, cuz my @$$ is getting confused… It doesn’t take much.
I’m unsure about the significant difference between the below.

Model:
TS
TSL
SF
SP

Brands:
MARS
SPIDER
UTHFY
BLOOM
VIVOSUN

like below