1st grow nutrients problems or something else?

OH, to test your PH meter easily … just buy bottled water like Fiji Water. Put your meter in. Your meter should show 7.70 - if it does not, then it needs to be calibrated.

Each GOOD bottled water company will list their PH on their website.

I read you use FF … ok, Grow Big (half cap) and Bloom (1 cap). But, first PH your water. Then put those in. I have a few people growing for me using those products and I have then going with 1/2 cap and 1 cap for VEG on two ILGM seeds (Blue Haze and White Widow)

The best way to PH your water is to buy a great kelp, malt liquid product that is a 0-0-0. Find out how much to put in a gallon of your water to bring the PH to 6.20 —and then put that in your water every time. It will drop to what you want (SHAKE) and THEN add your FF Bloom and Big products.

PH DOWN and PH UP does nothing … use a good product instead to do that for you, and you’ll get the correct PH and give the plant something good at the same time. (Look at Catalyst Earth Juice - it’s the best PH down product on the market, plants LOVE it)

1 Like

Thanks again for the help and recommendations on the pH and ppm meters @Zee @kellydans and @beardless. I talked with my friend that I’m growing with and we are going to get the apera meter

3 Likes

Thanks for the replies. From what @beardless and @kellydans have said I have been putting to much into the soil since I’m using fox farm ocean forest and happy frog soil. I don’t need to add nutrients till closer to flowering, so I’ll just be using pH balanced water till then. I also don’t think the plant was draining properly since I had a cheap drip tray under the plants. I now have placed a wire screen on top of the drip trays and put the plant on top of the screen. They have more runoff now and don’t sit in any water now. I noticed a musky/mildew smell in the water when I flushed yesterday. Is there anything I can do about that?

1 Like

I was already looking into organic solutions for balancing pH. I have read that pH up and down can cause issues. Thanks for the recommendation on the Catalyst Earth Juice.

1 Like