1st grow-MA-White Widow

@BobWags Id consider the grow tent. Photoperiod plants can really be a problem if their light cycle is interupted.

I’m speculating on the leaf. But seems to be the most likely IMO.

All in a I think your doing really well.

@TxGrowman @peachfuzz offer some great advice!

1 Like

I can tell you from experience, I have gotten nothing but nice things my way, I haven’t been on long, Everyone has been so welcoming and I feel a bit smarter from everything I have been reading, by no means do I feel like I will chime in to help but I will bust in on anyones post that might pertain to me… no one has yelled at me yet :sweat: For instance, I recently started to bookmark, so I going to follow along, I am thinking I might like to grow WW next grow. Happy Growing

4 Likes

Dim light has been illuminating my grow tent. Although not hitting plants. Will stat hurt my plant? I thought of it as moon light. Even though I fixed that

Thanks for the advice. I’m looking into grow tents today. Wanted to keep the cost down but it’s a little late for that now. :wink:

Moved everything to the closet last night. Set up the LED and put one plant 30 inches under it. The other two I kept under CFLs . After about 30 min the one under LED pushed it’s leaves away from the light and towards the soil. I moved it back to the cfl and it straightened back out. Any ideas?

how big is the LED? actual and rated wattage?

I’m at work now so can’t check the actual wattage. It’s a - VIPARSPECTRA 450 watt. I had it switched on the veg cycle only.

ok, let me check something. I will add to this and tag you

@BobWags thats fine, man gotta work to buy fine valentines gifts for his woman, lol

30 inches is the recommended distance. I would check your switches to be sure they were in the right position. Also is that the dimable one? If so, dial that baby back. You are giving them way more light with that LED than you were with the cfl.

Mine was under t5 to start and when I went to LED I would turn it on for an hour or two then t5 for the same and keep rotating for a couple of hours. Sort of like cloudy then sunny.

Have fun at work…

1 Like

Thank you, Bob. I won’t be able to get back to you until later today.

1 Like

I’m not sure about everybody but I have found that the LED is a little harsh on smaller plants. I use CFL until I see 4-5 sets of leaves then go to LED at a distance, sometimes more than recommended. Anyone else have that experience?

3 Likes

I took your post seriously and ordered a growing tent. Now we’ll see if I can do this right :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ordered a growing tent today. Hopefully will be here on Monday. The front room, where the plants are now, is the warmest year round. Come spring and summer it will be too hot there so will have to move to the back room. That room stays much cooler and has air conditioning.

I think it would cost me about the same as the price of the tent to prepare the closet fully for growing.

VIVOSUN 36"x36"x72" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent with Obeservation Window and Floor Tray for Indoor Plant Growing 3’x3’

3 Likes

Day 15 from day seeds first put in plugs, or day 11 from 1st sprout

10 Likes

Looking good and healty :+1::ok_hand::grinning::innocent:

2nd plant. Giving them an hour under LED then back to CFL before sleep period.

4 Likes

Thanks. So far, so good. Looking forward to getting the tent.

2 Likes

Don’t know if you ordered a tent yet but Walmart has some on their website for good $$ and free shipping

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip

2 Likes

Yeah, Bob, I ordered it today. It’s ok. I think I ordered a decent one.

1 Like