1st grow... LST

Ok, my first grow in a long long time! Last grow was in the early 80’s! Outdoor grow with bag seeds…

I started with three Blue Dream seeds, two didn’t make it, this last one is my only plant growing.

I started in 5 gallon pails. In hindsight, I would start in smaller pots And transplant as they outgrow the pots…

I used a locally sourced organic potting mix, again, lesson learned, shoulda went heavy on the perlite with this soil…

I’m watching this forum and learning as I go.

I’m supplementing with an npk mix heavier on nitrogen end…

I just have her a nice drink of water and some epsoms salt and am thinking I am a couple weeks out from switching my light cycle…

I’m currently at 18/6, keeping my little grow room at about 86 degrees with light and dropping to the mid to upper 70’s in the dark.

I started LST with a string grid, like many I have seen but a lot uglier!

I have counted about 2 dozen bud sites and all are at about the same height from the lights.

I’m only running about 300w of lights so I’m thinking I might should Switch my light cycle sooner?

I am already working on a new grow space, it’s clear I need more room to move around, get these pots on wheels with their own frame for running a string grid. I saw a very slick one on someone’s post here abouts.

So space and more lighting are on my next list
for my next grow.

I think I’m gonna go with the coco coir next time… I have the time to check on my grow regularly so I think I’ll give that a shot. @Afgvet has a good grow going and I have been following that thread, I like what I see!

All that said, hopefully I can get a couple ounces from this first plant!

4 Likes

Oh and I forgot to mention, I’m using Blue Dream Feminized and I’m keeping my ph right at about 6…

The other thing on my list is a ph pen… I currently only have a probe and I’m thinking it’s not all that accurate…

1 Like

Duh… I also forgot to mention I’m 8 weeks into my grow…

3 Likes

Great start, looking good. Just keep tucking her under the screen. And if you are in soil, you want your ph between 6.3 and 6.8 with 6.5 being optimal.

3 Likes