1st grow. Let the adventure begin!

Here’s the 4 WW that are about 5 days old.

4 seeds, all from ILGM, Soaked in water then paper towel, put into solo cups with happy frog. Watered at the same time with the same amount, same water.

4 totally different plants.

Bottom left seems to be doing the best.

Top left has yellowing in the center, no clue why.

Bottom right seems smaller then the rest, very green though

Top right has burnt tips. No clue.

I guess I’ll just water with 6.5ph’d tap water and keep on keepin on.

I’m going to let them go another week before making any changes.

3 Likes

It’d be fine to leave them for a bit, but I like to have my major defoliation done by 3rd week of flowering.

1 Like

@NeoGroR They look ok to me, good and healthy. Remember, they still making roots system, so a little leaf discoloration is to be expected. Just don’t over water them. 1 cup water ever 3 days should be ok for seedlings.

@Draco1 I learned that the hard way. I really slowed my vegetative growth from over watering.

But they bounced back, as you can see. They vegged for 10 weeks

@NeoGroR Nice job. We all learn by our own experimentations. Best lesson learned is lesson learned the hard way, so as soon not to forget it. Old proverb.

@NeoGroR @Hellraiser @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 come see my journal and what I’m up to in my Patch work.

1New Patchwork at Night

2 Likes

def needed this information for when my HLGs come in, thank you!

1 Like

got the post on watch, cant wait to see what they become :slight_smile:

Update for the day.

I’ve been given the go ahead from the boss (wife) to build a grow room. I have a pretty big basement so, sky’s the limit. I was thinking a small room where I can have an area to Veg and grow autos and a flower area. I don’t know if I should make these separate rooms, or just get two 4x4 tents. I’m going to have a lot of fun designing this. It’s going to have ductwork, two separate 20A circuits and room for seedlings and storage.

This project will probably start in September once I move the WWs into the Flower tent.

And with the WWs, I started them way too early. I have no idea how I’m going to fit all 4 into the 3x3. I’ll need to slow their vegetative growth. Suggestions welcomed.

Also, here’s what I have going, remember I’m out of town and my wonderful wife is taking care of these. It stresses her out.

The seedlings are stretched pretty bad. I hope they stand up on their own. The SD auto has begun flowering. And the other two have filled up the tent nicely. I’ve been reassured by @Hellraiser and @Myfriendis410 that my runoff Ph is ok. :slight_smile: I’ll be adding another 260 kit in a week or so, too. So I’m hoping for a good yield

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings.

4 Likes

awesome! plants are looking good.
are you using the same light height for the little babies too?
that might be whats causing the stretching.

The seedlings are under 4 CFLs at about 10 inches.

i remember reading somewhere on the forum that people put CFL lights like 2-4 inches away from seedlings.
you could probably drop the CFL lights a couple inches

Those plants in the tent are under one HLG 260 kit and a blurple. Your girls will be under 3 HGL 300’s! Dude, your grow is going to rock.

1 Like

Obviously something you should address sooner than later.

1 Like

right now my seedlings are under the 1200w blurples though, hopefully theyll be fine for these really early stages.
very excited for the lights to come in, and i hope they come in soon. its bad that im not the most patient person xD
growing some weed should teach me some patience though haha

2 Likes

Addressed. My wife moved them.

They’re ILGM White Widows. I’m confident they’ll do OK.

1 Like

If you check out my early posts I Vegged under a blurple for a while. I’m fact, when I get the new HLG up and running, I’m moving it to the veg closet to help out in there.

Also, HLGs at 100% might be a lot of light for seedlings.

Check out my thread When is light, too much light?

For the slowing down of veg growth, lots of ways - just overwater them for a few weeks, that’ll really slow them down, or burn them up with nutes, takes a while to recover.

1 Like

Why would you want to be so cruel to your plants, that’s mean. You suppose to love your plants, not hurt them. @Hellraiser