1st Grow, LED's 4x4 and Blue Dream

I kicked my first grow off a bit ago and am just now starting to post. Hey…less for you to wait for.

The starting setup:

Blue Dream seeds: 18W CFL box

Veg setup:
4x4x7 grow tent
Vivapar 900w
10gallon fabric pots
random carbon filter and 4" duct fan @ 130CFM air movement

4 Likes

13 Jan

17 Jan

25 Jan

2 Likes

2 Feb

1 Like

March 2. (grow started ~Jan 13)

Feels like I made a huge mistake on waiting to move to the larger pots (as in I should have moved sooner). 10 gallon fabric pots.

5 Likes

Looking good!

I would consider starting to save now for another light when you get to flower. You will easily fill your entire 4x4 tent with those 4 plants and your current light, which I assume is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01795XMEY?tag=greenrel-20

Has a flower foot print of 3’x3’ at 24"… and that’s the maximum foot print, not the ideal one (IMHO). Two of them can probably get you home with some nice bud.

3 Likes

we live and learn @renaissanceman ,they still look to be in good shape…
welcome to the forum,and i’ll be watching…
you have a good start for sure!

1 Like

Thanks All!

The lighting has definitely been on my mind. I did what most of us do when starting out…the best I knew of with limited information (i.e. amazon research and some googling).

Mar 11

5 Likes

20 Mar - finally caught up!

4 Likes

That’s the one I have, viparspecta 900W (the square one).

I certainly see that I need to do something different. Ideas appreciated. Rather not shift to 2 tents and another 4 lights…right now . But, new light setup ideas greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

I think the light you picked was a smart choice, considering the options. I didn’t pick such a smart choice when I started. :smiley:

If I were in your shoes right now I’d probably finish this grow with that light and see how it goes. That being said, when I was in your shoes, I ended up buying a second light about halfway through flower and finishing that grow with it, then using both of them through veg on my second grow before building out my own LEDs with @dbrn32’s help…and now I have two tents. Heh.

Anyway with the one light you have you’ll get to harvest and have plenty of good cannabis flower as a result, IMHO, but your weight might not be where it could be with a little more juice. This hobby (especially the indoor variety) has a way of being a serious money pit, so having a game plan is a good way to try and keep it under control. :smiley:

And as always it depends on how much money you have.

4 Likes

i had to fight off the urge to buy an ez-cloner today @Bogleg @renaissanceman it hasn’t been easy…lol
until i thought about how that $$$$ would go better towards more lighting…lol

4 Likes

That is a beautiful photo!!!

The blue lighting really encapsulates the plants and brings about a certain “” mood “”.

Your grow looks great!!!:smiley::+1:

1 Like

You can diy that at substantial savings too bro!

2 Likes

If building a light is an option, it will certainly be the most performance for your dollar. It’s not as difficult as most think with the modern components. If that’s a little more than you want to take on, we can still point you in the direction of solid ready to run fixtures.

@WillyJ talked me into using my rapid rooters and t-5 light…
still kinda waiting on chill to put up more info on the pucks…lol

2 Likes

Sweet! Check YouTube for diy aero cloner. I seen a pretty solid option for probably $30-40.

1 Like

Building a light is an option. I’m handy…I just need to find time and energy to do it.

Eventually what I need is something I’m comfortable leaving alone for up to 10 days at a time when I’m traveling. So, watering system plus lights that are ‘safe’.

I’d also rather maximize my yield against light (while balancing my electric costs). i.e greater efficiency…up to a point is always good…assuming if I get tired of growing, or can’t for some reason…I’ll be able to sell lights, etc.

I’m pretty sure I’ll be moving in the next year. If I do this setup will most likely transition to a basement setup that’s sealed and larger for some expansion.

3/28 update. Just shifted my light up before this picture and turned a few plants around. I’ve got a laggard unfortunately and one that just really likes growing…topped once and everything.

The string is at 30", planned SCROG height. Looks like I need to get the SCROG built this week.

These are gonna TAKE OVER my tent. #shouldhavegrown2

5 Likes