1st Grow KHAOS!

Better pics of a couple scenarios of what I have going on.

4 Likes

im noticing something ! :slight_smile: …ok im guessing you are using more than 1 light ? …and you are running LEDs right? …what lights are you using ? also did you do a slurry test? to check what ph is from runoff? …sorry if its been asked i briefly read up…still reading up …calmag should be closer to 5ml per gallon and yah AN bloom feed for A is 15ml per gallon and same with B 15ml per Gallon …like graysin said if the issue is worse lower down ints a nutrient issue …and make nio mistake there is 2 sides to the spectrum deficiency and surplus …both can have devastating effects…when in doubt flush it out …id just run clean RO through her for the next few feedings but still add in some hydroguard or orca

@nodurxshn I am running two HLG 260 v2 rpecs and HLG 30 UV. I haven’t done a runoff test yet because I didnt see much of an issue until after my last watering.
Could it have anything to do with to much light?

1 Like

well lets look further into the nutrients …do you use AN bud candy …because that is essentially AN’s ver of calmag …also closer to flower soil tends to have used up a lot of its nutes and bud candy/calmag is needed moreso around flower …and also …do you RO your water …if just using tap you shouldnt need to supplement as much calmag if any but if you RO you def need to add more calmag…so lets keep looking at your nutrients before we jump off page to lights lol …its my fault i sometimes get ahead of myself :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@nodurxshn I’m using AN Connoisseur Bloom with Calmag.
Ive been using rain water collected off my roof which has been filtered. Could something have got into my water collection?
Maybe ill feed RO only to eliminate that potential?
Im seeing more brown discoloration this morning on the new growth as well so it is an issue thats spreading.

3 Likes

rainwater is fine …actual i believe rainwater is the most acceptable form of water you can give your plants , while recreating nature of course. you should start a flush…especially if things are spreading ground up…and try to flush with ro to bring ppm’s down, and you really should do a slurry test, here are the steps
Knowing the pH of your growing medium is important from time to time. The soil pH slurry test is the easiest way of finding the true pH level of your soil based growing medium.

For this you’ll need:

• pH Meter - Cheap Amazon pH Pen - Blue Lab pH Pen - Blue Lab Soil pH Pen
  • Container - Solo Cups work great
  • Mixing Stirring Tool
  • Distilled [or Reverse Osmosis Water

Step 1: Collect a soil sample.
Step 2: Add distilled or RO water to your cup. Use a 1:1 1:2 ratio of soil to water.
Step 3: Stir vigorously into a slurry. Stir for a few minutes.
Step 4: Let it rest. Then stir again. Do this over the course of about 15-30 minutes. The longer the better.
Step 5: Insert your pH meter into the slurry and read the results. You’re done. That’s the pH of your soil. You can also do this with your ppm / ec meter if you are interested in the conductivity value of your soil.

1 Like

Doing slurry test now. Its definitely got worse today.

2 Likes

@nodurxshn just did a slurry test on the two which appear to be the worst. pH and PPM on one was 6.4 and PPM was 868. The other was pH 6.1 and 880 PPM.
Ive always seen a big difference in testing PPM in runoff versus slurry. Runoff is always higher. Does that sound right? Im assuming because most of the build up is on the bottom of the pot?
I realize the pH on the one is a little low. Ive been fighting to bring it up on all of them this whole grow from issues I had in the beginning.
Im using FFHF soil. Im not sure if I mentioned that.

2 Likes

Comparing my pics to late stage Potassium deficiency, it definitely looks like that could be what I have going on.

1 Like

So that’s true to a point. Runoff is going to have higher PPMs at the onset of the runoff because it’s going to flush out the expended nutrients as well as the actual nutrients remaining in the soil.

A soil slurry will be more accurate than a runoff test unless you dump the first half of your runoff and only collect/test the second half of the runoff. Even then the runoff may or may not be the best. Runoff tends to run higher as a result.

I would believe it. The nutrient breakdown you showed for the connoisseur line is cause for pause too. 5-4-10 (N-P-K) in flower is an extremely weird ratio.

Google, and my experience, suggest this: “ A highly effective NPK ratio is 1:3:2 for early to mid-bloom, followed by 0:3:3 for the late flowering stage

So I would expect that you would be seeing issues with both P and K for what your plant is being provided right now.

What else you got handy, if anything?

4 Likes

Thanks so much @Graysin. I don’t have any other nutes available. I’ll have to order something asap. Is there anything water soluble I can add with what I’m using now?

2 Likes

You may consider picking up a generic monopotassium phosphate. I use one called “Mother of all blooms” - granular and water soluble. Fox Farms has an equivalent called Beastie Bloomz. Both are on Amazon for pretty cheap and 250-500g will last quite a while

It doesn’t take much - maybe 1-1.5 grams per gallon of water - to supplement your base nutrients.

3 Likes

What about liquid bone meal? I bought some cheap at Lowes and it says 0-12-0 I think… not sure if this is helpful or not :man_shrugging: I haven’t used or opened it… maybe I’ll be quiet now your in good hands anyway lol :facepunch:

4 Likes

More the merrier! You helped get this whole convo going. Thank you

4 Likes

I’m not sure how readily bioavailable it is - if we were amending a soil to prep for flower I’d say hell yeah. As if stands I don’t know anything about it :joy::v:

3 Likes

“Banana water” is a good way to quickly add potassium… :nerd_face:

4 Likes

I was just reading about that! I may try that because ill need to water tmrw and won’t have the other stuff until Thursday

2 Likes

I had always read that you actually want the first stuff that emerges for testing run off…I might have to investigate this further as the few time sI’ve done it that’s what I used.

And yes, slurry would be the preferred way if you can get deep enough into the root zone without much damage.

4 Likes

see graysin this is why i feel you should be “valued member of every month” :slight_smile: …khaos im not a soil grower so youre in much better hands with these other fine folks of this wonderful community …now if you ever come to the dark side and get into hydro i would probably be more helpful :slight_smile: i do feel your issues lies in the nutrients…are you only supplementing connoisseur A+B and calmag or are you using any of the other connoisseur line elements?

4 Likes

@nodurxshn I am only supplementing with the A&B and Calmag.
You have been very helpful. Thank you!

1 Like