1st grow journal GG#4 x10

Is that photo before or after watering? Looks like after. And do you have proper drainage holes in those cups?

The soil looks semi wet from the photos.

The pic is after but they were like that before. Yeah I have a bunch on the bottom and slits in the side edges. I haven’t put enough water yet to drain though I’m only misting at this point.

2 Likes

Late update without pics, been busy. Leaves are still a little droopy, gonna hold off on any water for the day. Had a possible damaging incident!! While the lights were being raised one end knocked over a baby. The plant seems to be doing ok for now, just had to put more dirt in it. I will post some pics later.

They do fine with a lil slapping around. May stunt her a few days. But if anything she’ll be stronger for it

2 Likes

Here are the photos from her falling over and my leaf issue. First one is the aftermath of the fall. I think she is looking good apparently she likes it rough @PurpNGold74 lol. Last two I think I accidentally overwatered so I’m not concerned. They look greener today than yesterday so I won’t water today :+1:

1 Like

Two biggest threats to our girls. Ph problems n iverwatering. Try not to water seedlings daily. Especially in soil. They prefer to be a bit thirsty over drowning. Think i went 10+ days before their first watering. Just a light misting if the top to keep’m humid. But with a small cup maybe u’d water a bit more lol

1 Like

It weird my last batch acted so different and it’s the same strain but different genetics. Yeah, they aren’t wanting Hartley any water. I always lightly mist them once a day but man these girls are already giving me attitude lol. However, I did try that stem manipulation thing for the stretching. Is this a sign of the stress from that or just a little overwatering? @Vexer

Yea let them dry out a little bit more and wait for the soil to be dry. I do just a couple spray of the water bottle each day. Other than a minor droop they look good. See if withholding water makes the leaves perk up and then you will know.

I figured it was too much water but I also did the stem bending for the stretching for the first time. I wanted to make sure it was from that only because I haven’t seen how they react from it

Seedlings are very delicate so they will have their good days and their not so good days. But I have never noticed any change in the plant based on the bending

1 Like

Girls look much better today with no water. Nothing for today either. Also, I think I will be going into the 5 gal soon. The roots are already going back up the sides and the one in the pic isn’t that bad. Probably some time next week, maybe into the second week max.

They do look a bit better. N those roots are looking GREAT! I hope u dont leave them exposed like that all day tho. Would be best to drop that cup inside a red one. That way to inspect u just lift the clear cup. Or cover the bottom in a dark bag. Roots arent the most fond of lights.

1 Like

I’m worried now I don’t have enough protection how I do it lol. I had some purple tinted ones I have been using because they were just lying around. However, I did forget to put them back in last night lol oops… let me know if I should get some solid colored ones or if these would work.

That is alot more… opaque? Then the clear ones :+1:t5::+1:t5: No worries. Over night. Lights out. Should be fine :joy:

2 Likes

10 days old. I have not watered these ladies in a few days and they still look to damp. Some are doing better than others. I have never overwatered this bad so is it normal? Should I wait to water again until the yellow leaves green up at the bottom or will those be a loss? @raustin @BIGE @Countryboyjvd1971 @Drillbit @Drinkslinger @Dr.DankThumb420

***Also, I noticed something and would like some opinions? I thought it was white powdery mildew but under 90x it looks like trichomes??? Anyone with anything on this one please let me know. I didn’t think I should see them this early. Any help would be great!!

Just my opinion your cups don’t have enough holes to really let water drain out bottom. I know it’s to late as you can see the roots but next time you do this put more holes in the bottom and also put 2 maybe 3 rows of holes say one at 1/2” other at 1” and you’ll see a big difference in drainage. Just my 2 pennies

2 Likes

They still look wet, so don’t water for now. Do you have good drainage holes on the bottom of the cups?

1 Like

@raustin
You and I are on the same page but he can’t put any holes in cups now as I see roots and he doesn’t want to damage them

1 Like

@Anonyboii

Next best thing to do is transplant into their forever homes and let them dry out a little then start back to watering

2 Likes

Great minds… Lol

I think it might be a good idea to transplant them into some dry soil. Just take them out of the cups, put some more holes in them, and replant back into the cups.

1 Like