1st Grow Input Needed Please

Two of mine are just about exactly like that…just a tad behind/younger (poked out of the dirt about a week n a half ago)! I haven’t used the clear dome i just raised the humidity in the tent to around 70%

went based on this …referred to it by someone on here

@Myfriendis410 ok thank you. Yes they are in FFOF soil mixed with perlite, peat moss and lime to get a slurry test of 6.0 with my water. Got fans going now thanks

1 Like

that graph is the calculated VDP …basically want to be in the blues by the right combo of temp and rh

@JamJam thanks for the graphs I understand the temperature and humidity relation. But what is VDP? What do the numbers in blue represent? say at 75° with 70% humidity it shows 8,9.

The correct VDP provides the primo conditions for cannabis to grow maximizing photosynthesis and everything else. the darkest blue is the prime conditions with light blue still being good…pink not the greatest conditions

What is VPD (Vapor Pressure Deficit) and How To Calculate It | Fast Buds (2fast4buds.com)

1 Like

the easy way is just cross the temp with the humidity …but the equation isn’t too hard either

I have a small humidifier goin all the time to keep it between 60-70% rh and even mist water in the air sometimes to boost it even further

So I wouldn’t be giving it nutrients if you are using Fox Farms soil. On the bag it says you don’t need to feed you plant anything for 3-4 weeks. The nutrients is loaded with all it needs… the musty smell - you need inline fan(sucks the air and humidity out of tent, usually to a window. I let it come into the house in winter to warm the house😂) but you need this to avoid mould, and bud rot too. When you get that under control, then watering… how much are you watering them?
I recommend the book - GROWING ELITE MARIJUANA , by RYAN RILEY.
Now it’s a massive book, you pay 80 dollars for it, and they send it out to via email(you cannot resend to anyone else) i read this entire book, and I am growing better weed then the dispensary. I never grew before this, only a smoker… It’s going to be my 5th time, as I am starting up by the end of the month. Everything and more that you ever need to know is on there… literally everything.

MA

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 so looking at the light suggestions you mentioned…

We have a 4 x 4 grow tent 6’ 6” tall. Instead of these cheap Amazon lights what do you think of this guy? It says it has the Samsung Diodes and will cover 5x5 veg and 4x4 bloom. Should be enough for the whole area don’t ya think? Or would we be better off getting 2 of the sf2000 units? Or would you recommend something else completely? I mean obviously money is a factor but if we are going in $600 deep would another 200 make enough difference to justify it?

https://www.spider-farmer.com/collections/all/products/sf-4000-led-grow-light

@Myfriendis410 also I know you disagree with the nutes this early but I seen this chart from Robert and it suggested nutes per the grow bible.

I went to the store and couldn’t find his nutes for sale so went with the fox farm instead.

I believe you are right we don’t need any for a while based on everything we’ve read but why would they share things like this? What week should we begin following either of these charts?

Remember they are not in the business of conserving nutrients but rather to get you to use more of it.

You can supplement with some products at an early age, depending on what media you are using but soil has it all and too much will slow down the plant rather than speed things up. Monitoring input and output TDS and PH is helpful when container growing and have to remember at some point with plants in pots you WILL have to supplement…just not now.

I have no experience with the Spyder Farmer lights although hear good reports. The undisputed leader is Horticulture Lighting Group (I just bought one last week) and would suggest that any light you get should be flexible enough to use in a small area (small plants in veg) to flowering a large canopy. Multiple fixtures seem to be a good idea to me.

1 Like

Keep in mind that they use one chart for soil and coco. Coco needs to be fed from day one, soil not so much…

1 Like

Update @Myfriendis410 @JamJam @Randy_Marsh @CMichGrower @Mark0427 @ThomasM36 @Luna

Wife and I really appreciate all the advice so far! This community and the knowledge combined with the people make this an excellent resource for our new adventure.

So we are now at 15 days since our seedlings went into soil. Even though we’ve got somethings wrong like lighting, watering and nutrients too soon they are still surviving. Gave them their first full drink last night just to edge of run off with clean ph balanced water.

Today we got the clay beads and Cal-Mag delivered so we put down the beads but soil is still moist from yesterday so just a spritz from the spray bottle to get the Cal-Mag started today. Hoping that helps with the curling. Thinking the brown spots are probably nute burn from the Fox Farm we sprayed last week.

At least the spots aren’t getting any worse and the new leaves look good. Do they look about right for day 15 or are we way behind what’s considered normal at this point???

2 Likes

Do clay pebbles need to be buffered before use. Im not sure but i wanna think i seen someone say they had to be soaked in phd water for a while to buffer them or something. @Nicky do u know

@Mark0427 I’m not sure sorry. I hope it don’t make a difference at this point hahaha

1 Like

You definitely want clean them and ph them if your fully hydroponics, but for what your using them it won’t affect them , just a good rinse should suffice

2 Likes

Clay pebbles should be buffed for 48hr

1 Like

They tend to have a heightened nitrogen content… sometimes beneficial for the first 4-6 of veg cause your just using water and not and nutrients. But grand a handful put them in a bowl with RO water and soak for 6 hours or so and then test PH … they can be used multiple times so after first use you definitely have to soak.

2 Likes