1st grow in 8 years

So on Saturday I changed things around. I set a drip/dwc system…so I could use smaller pots and have a spot for one of the super skunks to grow.
Unfortunately yesterday I noticed the plants got a little light burn…so moved the light up as much as I could, which only gave me around 3 or 4 more inches. I also turned the ballast down from 75% to 50%.
I checked on them just now and they look like they haven’t burnt any further.

This pic is from yesterday.

1 Like

I’ll definitely be watching this grow. Your setup is nice. Happy Growing!

1 Like

Thanks mate

Ok so it’s been 4 weeks since I put my seeds in.
This past week they have been put through a bit of stress…1st I transplanted them…in the process of putting them into the new system they end up to close to the light and got light burn. Also I think my fan was on them to directly and that has hurt them to :frowning: .

The tops of them look healthy so they should all take off again.
My ILGM Super Skunk seedling is up and about, so I’m happy about that. I don’t have that on a dripper …I didnt want to over water that…also didn’t want to give it nutes either.

2 Likes

So it’s bn 5 weeks since these plants were seeded. They have bounced back pretty well after the transplant shock and light burn.
My ILGM Super Skunk seedling bent over and died, on Sunday I put another seed in, it has sprouted looks ok at this point.

The other plants are around the size I wanted them to be at when flipped, So now basically I’m just waiting for the super skunk to grow enough to be flipped.

In the past I have only used expanded clay in a system like this, atm I am watering for 15 minutes once a day…not to sure how often I can push that schedule in coco. As they get bigger I’ll bump it up bit by bit and see what happens.

Also the Temps have bn way to high, they have bn in the mid to high 30’s daily but the plants seem to cope with it…but its probably why there isn’t much side growth yet.

1 Like

Whats your space like because them ladies going to get very big with that size pot
Cant wait to see them in flower

It’s a little small lol 6 foot wide 4 foot deep and 6 foot tall
The ladies where bag seeds so i germinated 6 lost one and I figured I would get a few males but they all females and yeah I’m a little worried about room I have ? Should be fun lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1::v:

Just an idea top the shit out of them till you flip to 12-12 make them bush out maybe even a scrog but for sure id say only veg them for two months or you’ll be out of room after they stretch in preflower but WOW there going to be great

1 Like

Yeah I topped them twice already and just about out of time I’m 5weeks in now so will be flipping soon
Definitely before New Years :+1:

1 Like

Its been a fair while since I had to diagnose these issues. I think its potassium deficiency (rust looking spots on the lower leaves)…anyone seen this recently and can confirm??

I repoted most of them with mostly perlite…one plant I left cos I ran out of perlite, but I took away it’s dripper (see how it goes…will water by hand)…the others are now 30 on 30 off.
Im pretty sure that the coco was getting water logged…also I have been looking into coco more and found that it holds and builds up potassium…So I think that was also my problem.
These plants are way behind the 8 ball for their age… thats what ya get when you try to do to much and don’t have the time look after it.

My other super skunk seedling died too :frowning:

Most of the plants have got no real lower growth, so on Tuesday I decided to super crop. Hopefully that should kick things into the next gear.

The heat here has been right up there the last couple of days (39 /100.4 and 41 /105.8)…but the plants seem to cope ok with it.

1 Like

@Simo78 watching and learning along with you. I’m too new to add any to your grow, unfortunately.

Hey Countryboy. I just got my LED lights and it just shine’s red light. Is this what it’s supposed to do. RDG1951

1 Like

Hey there @Rdg1951
What type of light you get bro ?
Pic might help
I have galaxy 4 hydro 9 band 300 w they run more of a whitish pink color and I have 2 Roleadro cob style they are a white / yellowish Color

When it came in the box there was no paper work with it. It’s a 1000w LED light. I looked on the unit and there is no name on it. I will have to go back on eBay and look it up. Will get back to you my friend.

1 Like

Ok take a picture of the light @Rdg1951
And take picture with light on
Mine looks pink when I take a picture
But not with the naked eye it only has a pink hue
Also how many bands does it have is it a full spectrum led light ?
It may just be heavy in the red spectrum

Yes it’s a full spectrum. Man I’m not sure how to send you a picture. Can’t figure it out. Lol

Hit reply button and On tablet there’s a button with an arrow above text its 7 from left that’s the up load button
on phone it’s on the bottom right side of reply box
I only use those devices lol :joy:

Here it is