1st grow in 8 years

Hi guys.
I used to grow a fair bit and it used to be hydro. But I got out of the game because moved house , then a couple years after that I stopped smoking (next month it will be 6 years since I had a cone).
The reason I now want to start growing again is my back, I have chronic back pain and the daily use of anti inflammatories and codeine can’t be good for my liver. So my plan is to make oil to ingest.

So I have set up my grow cuboard with 2 225w led lights and a 130w cfl. The cuboard is a small space it’s roughly 6ft tall, 2ft wide and 1ft deep.

I’m going to be growing in soil as this going to be a stealth grow, I figured it will need less checking on with soil and less maintenance.
My soil mix is 1/3 composted cow manure, 1/3 peat most and 1/3 perlite.

Currently I have just put some seeds in wet paper towel along with some clonex gel. These seeds are over 8 years old (so not sure if they will even sprout)
They are bag seed…but I grew some nice 3ft to 4ft tall indica looking plants from the same batch of seeds and keep using that strain for cloning for a while when I was growing before. So I am hopeful they will take.

I have ordered fem super skunk from ILGM, so I have back up coming if the seed I have doesn’t sprout, or if it does sprout the super skunk will be next grow.

3 Likes

Good luck. Like riding a bike mate. It will all come back to you in no time. Hope the old seeds still germinate for you. Hows the last lot smoke. Was it the shit.
Ill watch on mate.

1 Like

So its been a few days…almost a week and nothing happend with the bag seed. Pretty disappointed but thats life.
Yeah mate it was a very good smoke from memory.

But the super skunk fem seeds are on thier way. Also I have ordered Big bud and Ak47 extrem from another breader, so thats exciting.

hope your grow goes well :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

So while waiting for my Super Skunks seeds from ILGM to arrvie, Iv started a grow with seeds from a another company…Big Bud and AK47 Xtrm. I put 5 of each in wet paper towel yesterday arvo and 3 AK and 1BB have opened up. So I have put them into peet pellets.

2 Likes

Nothing much to report really, just thought I would update stuff on a weekly basis.
I just put my seedlings that are in coco peat pellets, in pots filled with a coco and perlite mix this morning.
The plan is to do sog with 6 plants in 2 square feet of floor space (see how it pans out)

At the moment I have 2 24w cool white cfl’s that push out 1450 lumens each and 2 shity 45w led panels.
I have ordered a new 400w digital ballast with both hps and mh globes.
I was going to go with a full cfl and led grow but decided to stick with what I know.
I used to grow 2 (unmolested) plants in 3 square feet of floor space and get around 4 or 5 Oz per plant under my old hps with a magnetic ballast.

Got rid of the shity led lights and put in the 130w cfl. Also setup the carbon filter and exhaust fan.
Temps are around 37° so it’s pretty warm in there at the moment.

2 Likes

1 Like

Today it’s been 2 weeks since I put the seeds in…except the one in the middle at the front, those seeds didn’t kick off… so I put a new BB seed in sunday.
It seems better not using the paper towel method and then putting them into the jiffy coco pellets, as the late one went straight into the the main pot of coco mix and has had a quicker start than the others.

Just put in the new 400w MH light, the new digital ballast is great. I have set it at 50% to start with, to make sure I don’t burn my seedlings. I got a HPS globe as well for flowering, for when I get to that stage.

1 Like

I also put all the AK’s at the back n the Big Buds at the front.

1 Like

Nice :+1:t2: I’ll be following this grow I like your little set up perfect spot good luck good growing if you ever have any questions man don’t hesitate to ask everybody on here will be more than happy to help you out my only advice patient be very very patient if you can do that you will have a wonderful successful grow patience is key along with good soil when everything else they grow themselves little water little light little happiness when they get bigger you should take your LED lights and use them as sidelights it will help the size a lot on the lower and middle nugs

1 Like

Hey mate, thanks.
I don’t think I will use the LED lights…they are pretty shit quality…I think if anything I will use the CFL’s as side lighting. I’ll see how things go and adjust along the way if needed.

1 Like

OK so another week has gone buy. Not much to report, they are growing and look like there is no problems so far.

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

2 Likes

Woo hoo
Can’t wait to see the baby pics lol :+1:

1 Like

Gonna have to rearrange things to make room for the Skunk haha

Nice :+1:
I’m going to flip my girls in another week or so

There in 15 gal soft pots so they look smaller then they are lol

4 Likes

Thats a big pot…thats around 60 liters. Those roots won’t run out of room!

2 Likes

Yeah 15 gallon you’ll need to do the conversion lmao :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink:
I figured I could water less I’m out of the house 14/16 hrs a day so can’t spend to much time with them
But I’ll use smaller ones next time it’s my first indoor grow I’m thinking half the size of these 7 1/2 gal

1 Like