1st grow in 15 years

I’m tying to manage one plant! :rofl:

I guess yours is a good problem to have!

Looking good!

3 Likes

I fertilizer twice then water now, but after they were into veg for 50 days I figured why not do the math and feed a low dose everyday. I did this for one month. Only once did I have a small problem with nutes. A quick flush and I was back in the green. Did I dodge a bullet? I now water every third time to runoff so I can clean out the leftover salts…

3 Likes

Going to have a lot more tops this time.

And these ladies will be 11 weeks old tomorrow

11 Likes

Your girls are looking awesome!!! :sunglasses::+1::+1::v:

1 Like

Thanks, the first plant I cut is dry and in jars, it was my smallest plant, and it ended up with about 22 grams, and I have 14 more, so I am thinking like maybe 12-14 oz. anybthing over 10 oz and I’ll be happy, that’s 1/2 gram per watt on my first grow indoor in 13 years. And it’s in a little closet where the light isn’t centered or anything, so the new ones that are just starting to bud will have twice as much room and 1600 watts of hps, plus I topped of tied all of the tops down on these ones, and they are in 3 gal pots, not 1 and 2 gal pots like the other ones. I think I can get up to almost 2 lbs this grow. 2 more months and we will see ha. @Dman1969

9 Likes

Sweet!!! Keep on keeping on!! Each grow just keeps gettin better!! :wink::+1::+1::sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

What a beautiful sight!
With that pic of the nug on the jar lid, you’ve got me thinking I might need some bigger jars! I’d read to keep jar size to a quart (1L). Either that or find some with really wide mouths… :thinking::grin:

2 Likes

I read from others with much more experience than I that gallon jars work well. To experiment, I used widemouth quart jars and a gallon jar. I actually think the flavor and smell is developing better in the gallon jar. Both are doing the job though. I believe if you keep regularly burping the jars either is sufficient to the job. One person on here uses Tupperware and says he likes that method best… I don’t know about that. Lol

2 Likes

Hmmm I think I’d rather glass to plastic even if it is “high quality” plastic.

3 Likes

@anon33684698. We’ve been sold out of mason jars locally for a long time. Rumor is an aluminum shortage for caps?

2 Likes

Darn those look yummy. Looks like you didn’t miss a beat in 15 years!

Enjoy and continued success. :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

Yea, I just got a 12 pack of jars, and like 30 of those little hygrometers, I need to get some of the bigger jars for the cure. I need to go to the store, maybe I’ll put it on my list.

1 Like

Don’t worry they are going to start mining asteroids soon, then we will have all the rare earth metals we need lol :astronaut::man_astronaut::woman_astronaut:t5: :pick:

3 Likes

@Coen3440. You are funny! Love it. I think I recycle enough aluminum to get mason jar caps available for everyone.

2 Likes

These babies should be finishing up right around my bday! :partying_face: I may start a new journal for this grow too, because there are only going to be 6 plants in the same area that I have 15 plants now. Going to do more lst/hst training to these ones.

5 Likes

I like your plan tag me when you start your new journal :notebook: if you don’t mind! And I’m stoked for your grow!! :v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

So for every one that is following my journal, I have decided to chop one of my WW autos each week until all of the other plants are ready to come down too. Last week I chopped the first one, 110g wet with all the stems, 22 grams trimmed and dry, it was 10 weeks from seed. Tonight I am going to chop the second one, it will be 11 weeks from seed today. I figure this is a good way to prove to people how much those last few weeks of slow growth Actually help put on weight and size, and help with the over all taste and terpenoids.

I think this is the one that I am going to chop tonight. All of these are the smaller plants that I grew in 1 gal pots, and cleaned almost all of the lower buds of so that it is mainly just one big top bud.

8 Likes

That’s a gorgeous bud Brother!! :yum::drooling_face::v::+1:

2 Likes

From what I understand taste and terps develop during the curing process much more. Not sure?

Either way, buds look great! Nice grow! :yum:

2 Likes

That looks solid man, like a rock even.

1 Like