1st Grow in 15 years - Looking for guidance - Autoflower (Zkittles & SLH) in RDWC

I would completely thin out a 1/3rd of the bottom growth.
Everything a 1/3 from the bottom can go. It will not only send more nutes to the buds, but also help with airflow.
One thing you can do to help with the tall branches, is pinch the stalk ever couple of days. Pinch and twist just enough to damage the stalk. It will slow the upward growth while also strengthening the branch to hold up the fat collas. Looking good in there. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

@spyonyou that is the top 1/3 you are looking at, the bottom 1/3 I have completely lollypopped. I’m attaching another picture for you to gander at before I make any moves on defoliation.

Thanks for the insight and help as always.

2 Likes

Yeah didn’t see that. She looks good!! :+1:t2:
If it has been 3-4 weeks since you flipped to 12/12, I would take all fan leaves that protrude from the stalk. Just don’t mess with the sugar leaves. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

@spyonyou

This is her trimmed down. Too much, just enough, or???

3 Likes

Brother that looks outstanding to me. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

@spyonyou @Myfriendis410 @dbrn32 @RockClarke @peachfuzz

Any of you got any pointers for the following:

I have 4 mother pheno’s

They were started from seed, transferred to 4” rock wool allowing to properly root and develop.

About a week ago I transferred them into their own 4x4 tent, dropped the 4” cube into an 8” that is on a bubble bucket system.

I have been too feeding them 2x a day and yet my lead as are curling (see pictures) and yellow/green new growth.

Am I am over/under feeding? I am dosed around 900-1000ppm using GH nutes.

Roots have not grown through 8” cube is reason for top feeding at the moment.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

Are all of those feeding from the same reservoir? Can you remind me what kind of nutes you are feeding?
Looks like maybe too much N. Could you have gotten the mixture/ratio messed up?

2 Likes

All feed from their individual buckets, not recirc.

I am feeding them GH nutes, aggressive schedule.

Mixed for 2 gallons of water.

1 Like

I transferred them bc they started this when they were in a flood/drain try i use to get the 4” cubes started .

I thought they were getting to little water or light burns since it was close in that space.

Now they are developing this sooner….

Overwatering?

2 Likes

Have you check to make sure your ph meter is calibrated?
Definitely thinking it had something to do with the transplant, just not sure how.

1 Like

Just checked ppm:pH. Was at 1630 ppm & 6.8-7 on pH depending on which.

Lowered to 1200-1300 & 5.8-6.0

We’ll see

1 Like

Looks like way too many nutrients and your ph is out of range…
Also looks like you might be overwatering…
Also , you need to buffer rockwhool before you use it , you didn’t mention it so I thought I should say it…
:v:t4: :sunglasses:

1 Like

You da man brother. Never disappointed! Thanks! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I also see a root issue with the curling/guarding. Those big rockwool cubes hold a ton of water.

Personally I don’t like bucket hydro as it takes away from the low maintenance aspect of hydro (RDWC). But you will find this out for yourself when in late flower you are refilling each bucket twice a day.

2 Likes

Rockwhool is hard to tame and get it in control…
It holds more water than people think and dries extremely fast…
I only use the 1.5 inch cubes for starting seeds…
But after that it’s hydrotone and water…
Once the roots get out of the cube I let them sit in a quarter of an inch above a pool of water with nutrients in it…
Wish I could share pics…
Danm phone…
Super easy for starting seeds but you must change up when using rockwhool to keep your trunk dry once you see roots…
Also I buffer my rockwhool cubes to the right ph before using…
Once you figure out rockwhool it gets a little easier, but it is still a pain in the butt to try and get to the end of flower with …
unless your running a drain to waste system or flood and drain…
I would not recommend using it in dwc or rdwc…
It’s really not ment for that…
:v:t4: :sunglasses:

2 Likes