1st Grow-Hydro.. 8 Days Into Seedlings.. Please I Really Need Insight

Two days ago I moved my seedlings into their tent as a measure to save them… they have taken me on the crazy train a few times already with odd issues!! It does seem they are stunted but showing life.

This is what I have after 8 days

Stains are; (Auto’s) WW & GG#4. Tent is 3x3x6’, Meizhi 450watt LED Reflector.

Prior to moving them, they were in their netpots with hydroton under domes & under a cheap 45watt LED. Fist the WW popped but I discovered tap root was growing outside of rockwool… I gently burrowed out a home for the root…covered it with RW. Next the GG4 popped out of the rw cube landing on top of cube in a circle (lost it’s cotyledons in process)… regrew them in a day. :astonished: I had burrowed a spot for the coiled taproot gently planting it back into rw (no pix of that).

Taproot Growing Outside RW

In a few days I walked in to discover GG4 with leaves beginning to curl upwards plus deformed & taproot is arched slightly out of the rw cube!! Geez WTH??

GG4 Curling Leaves

Today I see my WW has some yellowing

My Ph has been kept at between 5.0 - 5.8… H20 Temps 69-72 F…when it gets warm I chill it off with frozen water bottle. The light is set on Veg only and is 29" above them. Tent Temp 80-82 degrees F. Bubbler is at full speed. It was suggested I add some micro fertilizer … I have GH FloraDuo & I added .25 of their reco’d “simple” feeding schedule to buckets.

@Donaldj @Dkr8180 I’ve been reading to find answers as not to be a pesky peep-no luck. I need help to figure out what is wrong… and do you think they can be saved and grown to maturity (w/the stunting-n-all). I don’t want to lose them.

Thank ya’ll in advance ~ Key

2 Likes

@Key2THC Did you soak your hydrotonclay pellets and Rockwall in a 5.8 pH prepared water base for a few days before starting these?? Are you adding any nutes?
Here’s what I think up front, but in the meantime, fill out and paste the complete form from @Countryboyjvd1971, who will provide it in sure, but this is my 2 cent filler convo till you do.
Regardless if you have use nutes or if they took forever to germinate or if you have crooked roots or whatever what I would do is take your rockwool cubes out away from your hydroton clay pellets and put them in a food grade flat plastic container and do 1/4 of nutes suggested for seedlings of any nutrient brand of your selection, and run and aerator tube to each plastic container containing your rockwool seedlings. Let them go like that, in the plastic container being aeriated for a week and then put into your hydro system, and go from there. Right now I think they are having a pH issue, having enough gusto in the strain itself to keep it alive but its not advancing.
Tell me in as much detail as you can as to what, time frame, days germinating and definitely ILGM’s spreadsheet. I don’t have a copy of it on hand but will try to find and post. Just continue the dialect and we’ll figure this out soon enough.

Problem is too much water and not enough oxygen at the roots… trunk needs to dry out a little… what’s going to happen if you keep doing what your doing is your plants will damp off and die… :wink:
Keep water level 1 inch below your net basket and top feed until roots reach water , 2 times a day should be good with rockwool … :wink:
:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Okay, some of that was redundant to what you asked which is what happens when I have a reading/comprehending fart but I’m good now…
I think your temp is slightly high. It’s my experience that struggling plants seem to do better in cooler climates, indoors at least. How much ventilation do you have vs a fresh air supply? Please forgive me if you have provided all this info prior, just wanting as much detail as possible to look at. There is really hundreds of cause and affect synopsisuses associated with growing cannabis but with as much detail provided as possible it’s usually not too hard to figure out.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?
Temps; Day, Night
Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you.

1 Like

I would encourage patience if you moved taproot around it will take time to bounce back to life plants which seem to stunt do in time pick up again

2 Likes

Thanks Donald… You’re so right about being patient… these 2 girls have kept me on my toes…one weird thing after another. Today (9 day seedlings) both seem happy as can be as opposed to past few days… looking perkier …and… Have New Leaves Coming & Roots!!! :smiley:
White Widow - Sunday 3/4/18

GG#4 Sunday - 3/4/18

1 Like

Still giggling at the above^ :rofl: Both of these girls are brats & have displayed all sort of weird behavior in their 9 days of life! @Donaldj advised me to be patient and they will bounce back. I’ll be darn if today I discover new growth on both and they have roots. I have them Ph’d to 5.0, PPM…235-240, H2o temps a bit high 74-75 but I chill it down w/ice… I’m feeding 1/4 of FloraDuo’s seedling schedule. They are much perkier today!! Thanks so much for coming to my aid and for a copy of support ticket (i didn’t know where to get one).

Have a great eve… Peace out :herb::seedling::herb:

I don’t think I can express enough that slow and steady does win the race bring your ph up to 5.8 and take your time most of the time plants start slowly. Keep in mind they need leaves to convert energy and roots to get the raw materials to build they grow faster as they get larger typical growth pattern is roots then leafs then more roots and more leaves they start to grow exponential. They also can easily be slowed by disruption be it at root level or foliage don’t fixate on a schedule let them do thier thing and give them what they need to do so little else we can do :wink:

5 Likes

I do hydro and keep my ph at the desired 5.8. I adjust up or down if I see a 6.0 or 5.6. If you keep your ph at 5.8 you will know that if you have a problem it’s not the ph. As for as starting them as you do in the block I don’t put the seedlings into a system until I see roots coming out of the bottom of the block. I wouldn’t put a seedling that young into a system. Yours should recover fine it’ll just take longer than if you waited to put them into the system.
I start them into a system like this and add water to the tray and let the block absorb the water from the bottom.

8 Likes