1st grow, how's my 1st attempt at pruning look?

Hey folks, this is our first attempt at growing. After comparing our plants with other pictures I felt as if they needed pruning. The plants were started on March 8 and they were pruned tonight. (1) each of AK-47 Extreme, Girl Scout Cookie and Chronic. I’m posting before and after pictures, let me know what you think…

G)

@Shewy12

Ok but don’t do any more ok…her leaves give her energy there like solar panels

And Welcome to ILGM

Thanks for welcoming us aboard, I wish I had found this site 2 months ago. Awesome information is shared in the forums.!!

Welcome to the ILGM forum @Shewy12, you will get all of the help you need here.

There seems to be as many opinions on pruning and defoliation as there are growers.

That said, I am of the school of thought that if the plant is getting enough ventilation and air flow through the lower canopy, I don’t remove any material. As @garrigan65 points out, the leaves are the chemical factory that uses sun light to convert nutrients into the things that the plants need to grow and ultimately flower. After a few weeks in flower I do remove a few of the lower branches that are not developing very well.

About two weeks or so before harvest I start gradually removing fan leaves so that the fan leaves are nearly gone by the last week before harvest.

This is just my 2-cents worth, and I am a new grower as well.