1st grow ... help

Week 6-7 veg

Plants getting pretty big :grin:
Leaves were showing signs of insects so I been running neem foliage spray every 3-4 days. Also let the top of medium dry and gave top layer quick hits with neem and havenā€™t really seen a insect since!!!

So all my feedings Iā€™ve been using filtered water because itā€™s closer to the 6-6.5ph range, over my tap water which is bout 7ph.
Starting to notice the tips of leaves starting to burn. I did a little research and believe it may be a calmag deficiency due to using filtered water??
Thinking about introducing molases to my feeding to maybe combat this? Iā€™ve also heard people using it as a foliage spray? What u guys think?
@Myfriendis410 @Oldguy @Oldschool82 @AfgVet

1 Like

Personally I wouldnā€™t spray my plants with molasses. Could clog the stomata.
But feeding it to them will help with your soil microbes.
:v:

Edit.
A tsp of Epsom salts / gal of water /feed mix will give them a magnesium boost and help keep them greened up too.

2 Likes

There ainā€™t a thing wrong with that plant. As @Oldguy said: avoid foliar sprays unless the health of the plant is at risk. There is also no data on molasses doing anything (except add a bit of sulfur). Feeding soil biota may be good or not; depending.

Neem oil is also something I avoid at all costs. I use an alternating regimen of Safer Caterpillar Killer and Captain Jackā€™s Dead Bug Brew if I pick up any pests.

2 Likes

Legend!! Iā€™ll be onto that today cheers for the tip! U recommend using the epson salt daily with my daily nutes all the way thru flower?

1 Like

I added supplemental Epsom salt during mid-flower; also for the sulfur (helps promote terpenes) but using Jackā€™s this go-round itā€™s actually part of the 3-2-1 formula.

3 Likes

I wish I had access to this. I remember u mentioned that earlier but unfortunately I canā€™t access this product in my country :frowning: I have looked everywhere I was to keen on spraying the neem either but I didnā€™t see another option

1 Like

Lots of rain forecasted,
Iā€™ve ordered a 1x1x2 led tent setup but is still on its way!

Have been given some random cheap grow light to borrow until mine gets here
Problem is Iā€™ve had it running over my plant for the last day havenā€™t seen to many gains?

Leaves arenā€™t prying like they do to the sun
Is this bad??

@AfgVet @Myfriendis410 @Oldguy

Plant is reacting to new light. Maintain your current light duration and get the new light in place as soon as you can. What else can you do?

You mean keep running with my cfl setup while my new setup comes? I could add cfl down below or maybe run it all together.

Or just get rid of this led altogether :confused:

Seen a bit of sun so moved it outside, noticing some colas are drooping low and now Iā€™m very scared haha

*bag seed
*coco/perl
*fabric pot 30L

• filtered tap water 6 - 6.5 PH
  • Indoor/outdoor - now full time indoor
  • 240W full spectrum board
  • Temps; day:27-29c. Night 22-25c
  • Humidity; Day: 62-70%. Night 65-77%
  • Ventilation system; 150mm intake/extraction
  • no AC,no Humidifier, no De-humidifier
  • Co2; no

Plant has been given sunlight/cfl light since day1
Decided to move indoors full time under 12/12 for flower due to rain/insects/smell
I have light 50cm from tops at 75% but cannot get the plant to respond.
Plant used to pry to the sun but lately itā€™s been droopy and sad looking.
Also I canā€™t seem to get a runoff after watering 1.5L nutes daily like I used to?
I used to get a runoff but not so much anymore I thought maybe the plant was just using it all.
Flush?
@Myfriendis410

Thatā€™s heat stress and not really something to look for.

A runoff TDS is something you want to see before adding supplements. Coco tends to hold on to salts so periodic flushing is a good idea.

Is this data taken using a digital PH meter? If so you need to bring that down to 5.8 or so.

Is this actual wattage and for how large a space?

I donā€™t have any digital measuring sticks ,my ph has been measured using the liquid ph checker that comes with the up down bottles.

The light pulls 240w from the wall and Iā€™m in a 1.2x1.2x2m

I took it outside to see if itā€™s a drainage issue gave it water until runoff it took about 4L to get a runoff, does this sound right for a 30L? Maybe I have been under watering it since transferring to this massive pot

Thought so. Time to get a decent digital PH and TDS meter if you are going to grow cannabis.

Always water to runoff. If it takes 4 liters okay. That runoff contains data used to help maintain the plant. So having those meters is kind of important. I have used this simile: you just bought a race car. Itā€™s capable of amazing acceleration and top end speed. Then you take it to the Shell Station and put Regular Unleaded in it. Sure; your car will go but so would a Prius. You ainā€™t growing Priusā€™s lol: youā€™re growing race cars! So keeping things exactly dead nuts balls on in the middle of what they like will get you best results.

End of Sermon.

3 Likes

I germinated my seeds early spring (AUSšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗ), and what @Oldguy warns u about, ā€˜Happened to me!ā€™ Sunrise to Sunset was and still is only 13hrs ~ so I ended up with flowering seedlings LOL!

1 Like

Week 2 flower ! Plants made big gains I believe itā€™s in stretch atm.
Still feeding growth nutes but dialed back on the nitrogen ( tho I think I now had a deficiency coz I did this)
Just gave it a flush and am bout to start running bloom nutes from here on out starting at half the does for the first week and increase nutes weekly. Ppm/ph metres on the way in mail as this far I havenā€™t checked any levels reallyšŸ˜‚
Thoughts??

1 Like

Oh forgot to add that I plucked those leaves from the middle of the plant (top looks good)

I think the journey on this is doneā€¦
Either male or true hermy can anyone help confirm this before I bin it @Oldguy @AfgVet @Oldschool82 @Myfriendis410 @Airies11
Sorry bout the tag, probs my last post on here
X

@Fatnug. Sorry brother. Thatā€™s an all male plant.
Iā€™m not seeing any pistils.

1 Like

Looks like a male to me!

1 Like