+1st Grow Help needed with LST

This forum has been so helpful to me during my first grow. It helped me thru a couple rookie over watering issues and transplanting process questions. Thanks for all the help so far.

Now Im in need for some more advice. My plants are in the beginning of wk3 of veg and they were just topped a couple days ago. I plan to start LST bending/tying the branches but they seem a little too frail to put much pressure on them. The nodes seem to be stacking nice (I think) but the braches have not really started growing much yet. Am I just being impatient? Please let me know how they look and what you think. Thanks.

ILGM Super Skunk
HLG 600 Rspec
FFOF/ 5 gal
RO water +CM /Rhino Skin
Start FF Trio next week

3 Likes

Your plants look very nice so far…you can start LST at this point but I like to wait just a bit longer before starting. I sometimes start on early side to keep the plants even smaller.

When you start LST really depends upon what sort of growth you want and what shape you want. You topped your plants so I would wait until the new growth gets going and apply LST to the new growth.

3 Likes

Let dry out then slowly water never a problem only solutions. Try some of this or something similar beneficial bacteria16056296674329143121191409630762|375x500

1 Like

I would advise you wait a week to allow it to recover from topping before you add any stress.

3 Likes

Plants look great so far! I’m with the others. Give it some time for the new tops and lower growth to gain some length then you will have something to train. Care when bending them they like to split where the branch meets the stalk. I have found super cropping them about an inch away from the stalk in the direction you want it to go is much easier and safer for the plant. Then secure it down in that position or it will fix itself.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone. I will wait for another week or so to start LST. My plan is to Scrog them. A little worried that 5 plants might be too much for a 4x4 GGT but I got the extension so at least it’s 8’ tall.

I was not sure if super cropping was too advanced for me to try but I think I might try it. Thanks Eagles009.

This forum is the best.

2 Likes

You’re welcome! Definitely stick to whatever you are comfortable with. I would say super cropping plants in veg is super simple. I haven’t injured one yet. Whereas bending em…I’ve done this quite a few times.

1 Like

I snapped my main stem. Used plastic wrap to secure it back in place and it just grew a knot was strong and thick on a week

2 Likes

The best I ever saw on a repair was a clothes pin holding a stem together. Then the caption said “advanced redneck technology” I read 1000 comments on the post just because of the caption.

1 Like

I I have a question I just started growing and my plants are in a super closet grow cabinet. This is my first grow and the rock wok cubes only on the top half of the cube are turning black?? Is that mold or is it normal? What do I do? Is it harmful?

Probably because rockwool holds moisture, I can’t say for sure I have never used them. @Ppuccio1988

I just started growing in a hydroponic super closet and my white widow is growing nice it’s in its first week of veg but the rockwol cubes are turning black on the top part, why is that? Please help