1st grow First post .Hope I did ok

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto) 90’s Dutch. Bag seed/dispo
-Age of plant/what week of flower:14 weeks/early preflower?
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF…Organic soil
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots…Pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) 6.5-7
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable N/A
-Method used to measure PH and TDS cheap idiot gauge meter .test water to feed once mixed
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space OUTDOOR 16x24 deck
-Light system LED/MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or otherN/A
-Actual wattage draw of lights N/A
-Current Light Schedule 12/12
-Temps; Day, Night. 80’s 70’s
-Humidity; Day, Night unsure
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size N/A
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,N/A
-Co2; Yes, No NO

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile

So first time grow …the plant in question is on the left in the first photo .
It’s actually 2 seperate plants in the same pot.This was unintentional but figured I’d let it grow and both of these stalks turned out to be female .No signs of hermie…but since I’m such a noob I tried to supply good clear photos .

Is this flowering? Lol I feel so dumb but it looks like it is on the fence and not sure what it wants to do .there are zero light issues at night it’s only seen the moon lol…

Maybe I’m just looking for more eyes than my own thanks for any help !!!

3 Likes

Nah, she’s just showing her sex.

2 Likes

Haha I figured …I’m trying to keep them low but I don’t want to prune any additional if it’s flowering .
In your opinion is it safe to clean her up some?
I really just wanna leave em alone thanks for the reply

Call me the cleanup king. I lollipop all my outdoor grows. I start them young.

2 Likes

Lol Nice …guess I need to go get some good snips !! Thanks for the fast reply !!

Cleaning up the interior of the plant provides for air circulation and easier pest management.

And as far as yield goes, Polly gave us about 24 ozs.

4 Likes

Wow …awesome pics …and idk how. But I’ve been lucky with the pest management .early on things looked bad .aphids …thrips …but somehow the minute pirates and green lacewing larve saved me …just here naturally …but thanks for the encouragement I need to clean up some of the areas that aren’t going to produce so the areas that do are better …

1 Like

@oldmarine
I remeber you saying you are the clean up king so I wanted to ask some advice

I think I need to clean this one up some but do not know if it’s safe …and what I should and shouldn’t take off

This is why I’m worried …I’ve heard horror stories about stress and plants going hermie

Thanks for any help/time !!

1 Like

I like to be able to see the interior of the plant. I remove any branches that don’t reach halfway up the plant. I clean up the remainder by removing the lower third on the remaining branches. I don’t do this all at once although I’ve seen it done. I start when the plants are young long before they go into flower.

Before.

Today

By the time my plants are ready to go into flower they are generally ready to go. Some people wait till the 3rd week of flower to lollipop or defoliate. Giving the plant a chance to stretch.

@oldmarine I did give it some attention the last time we spoke …but it wasn’t blowing up with pistols then …I think that was around 10 days ago …I just wanted to clean up some more of the interior …should I just let her finish out and try doing it earlier next time?
The other plant I can see through it and believe l did that one properly …so that one is getting left alone

I was just wondering if I should just leave the fan leaves but cut the smaller budding sites? And if that’s safe or too risky at this point …if I had more experience I’d probably stop debating and just get on with it lol

This one is a beast.

I can’t tell you what to do. You have a good idea what is needed and or desired. Jump and yell “Geronimo”

1 Like

@oldmarine
It’s always seemed out of control trying grow vertically .In the beginning I was sure it was male …
Anyway this may be a better angle and from the opposite side …

This is where I stopped the first time …
I need to take a good side angle pic too so you get a good laugh …I should name it Charlie Brown …lol
Thanks for the help!!
Before I clean up more I’ll post a pic

@oldmarine
Here’s a side view

Because it was 2 seeds by accident I think the one just always stole the most goods from the soil …
I’m not really expecting some giant yield I’ve always just tried to treat it as one plant
Figures my luck that would happen,

1 Like

I didn’t realize there were two plants in the one pot.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not sure how it happened because I wouldn’t put 2 seeds in the same hole …could have been stuck together or something …

If ever In the future I encounter it again 1 is gettin cut lol…

1 Like

I’ve been noticing lately ……

Am I correct in assuming these are swollen calyx…I have not seen a single pollen sac/banana formation as of yet …but I have been watching these just get bigger and bigger lol…

Hope it’s not bad news …this is a typical bud site

All my questions are really just lack of experience …it’s always great to read and try and learn but hands on is best …just wondering if this is normal?