1st grow ever. Starting from scratch

I’m starting my first grow and thanks to a lot of you guys/gals giving me advice I’m feeling pretty comfortable with the days ahead.

So as it stands, I am still waiting on the starter soil, and seeds. I need to get some type of circulation fan/fans. And the fertilizer is on the way too.

I’m going to move the filtration fan outside the tent and just have my filter and ducting inside. (Growing pains).

I’m also considering running both lights in just the one tent and possibly adding LED lighting. Wish I would have just bought them initially (growing pains) Thoughts??

9 Likes

Don’t let the edit worry you just moved your topic to grow journal so we can track progress with you start to finish keeping single thread helps people have entire knowledge of your ladies and their environment without having to ask 20 questions and also will help you track dates and progress as things move along :wink:
I always like to encourage people to do journals that way if you are curious about a question somebody may have answered for you in the past you know which thread it’s on. I swear by HID lights they are tried and true and well versed many here know them well

3 Likes

Off to a good start with what you got need some beans but Can’t wait to watch fill free to ask any thing @Uhawl I love the big tent what kind and where did you get I got to get one love it as for leds great cheap way to grow you can spend a lot of money on the light and it can make a difference but there are reasonable leds out there I got cheap ones that work for whst I need

Thought that that’s where I posted it… lol. Growing pains…

It’s a GrowSun 60"x60"x80". I got it off amazon for $148.

4 Likes

That’s going to be mine thank you for sharing

2 Likes

We are all here to help and our members are the friendliest on the W3. Pretty smart too! :slight_smile:
Nice tent. Good start. I recommend you look at this:
https://www.amazon.com/iPower-GLSETX600DHMAC6-600-Watt-Digital-Dimmable/dp/B005GYRZV2/?tag=greenrel-20

I used this in a 4x4’ tent in 5 gallon cloth pots and got 3/4 lb. out of 2 plants.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

I like it too. 4x4 was a pain in my space but, a 5x5 would take the odd leftover space and make it useful. A good idea for new growers to consider

3 Likes

I agree with you 100% my friend I’m just jealous because his tent is nicer than mine lol

1 Like

Love the setup that 5x5 tent will serve you well thats my next buy also

1 Like

@Brian091180 right that thing is nice

1 Like

Ive got two tents and if i put them together his is still better lol

1 Like

Same here you could fit both of my tents in his tent

2 Likes

I tried to turn my 4x8 tent into that once but could not cure light leak. Nice tent.

3 Likes

My fox farms seed starter arrived today. I took this screenshot off of amazon (a review photo). But this is exactly how mine was packaged as well. Kinda ticked off that it came in a home made baggie of who knows what it is.

Dont use it fox farms lables everything come to think about it anything used in retail has to be labled

2 Likes

Anyone using this mars hydro light?

1 Like

So I’ve decided to add the MarsHydro lite to my 1st grow attempt. My plan is to use the 2 florscent lights on the sides and the mars on top. And once the WWA go into flowering swap the T5 6500k bulbs for some 2700k and really try to improve the quality and yield. I’ve been seeing temps of about 78-80 degrees with 36% humidity on long dry runs. I plan on growing 6 plants. Any ideas on what environmental changes I can expect with life growing. And what do y’all think of my idea?

3 Likes

Well I got home from work yesterday and checked the mail. No luck… but the wife was kind enough to to toss me 3 envelopes of cherry, heirloom tomatoes, and bell peppers seeds. So I started germinating them for her.

When I got home from work today I checked the mail again… no seeds, I know they are coming, my faith is not waivering one bit, I feel like a youngster waiting to open his Christmas presents hoping one of em is a new bike or something.

So in the mean time I am playing in the tent, tweaking things here and there. Planning out my germ. And transplant, so on and so forth. Reading all you folks updates, struggles, and successes. Hope you all have the best of days. Everyday we aren’t fertilizer is a good one!

2 Likes