1st grow by Sydious! šŸ˜Š

Sweet. Let a bit drip out off the bottom of the bags before u catch the runoff. I use a shallow small bowl after so much drips I slide the bowl under catch enough to dump in a shot glass the get readings.

1 Like

Alrightā€¦ bags were lite so I went ahead and have a watering only.
My 1 fingered girl had a PH out 5.3 and ppm 2.23
Her 3 fingered sister had a PH out 5.23 and PPM 2.70
:thinking:

So ur ppm is actually ec Iā€™m taking it with them numbers. If thatā€™s ppm then u r super super low on pom count lol. pH is a bit low also. Is this soil or coco. Soil should be running around u.5ph and coco at 6.8ish. Ppms should be up near 5 to 800ppm by now but ec is diff. Iā€™ll get conversion of ec to ppms. Brb

Ok 2.2 seems around 1100ppm and 2.83 is about 1350ppm.

Yes that is EC but I donā€™t know the conversion either.
Iā€™m in soil. I went from ffof in solo cups and transplanted to ffhf about 3 weeks agoā€¦ I feed every other day but staying today they are getting to the point of drying out and needing daily feeding. It seems reasonable that if Iā€™m just now switching to Jacks, I should do feed, water feed on alternative daysā€¦

Can Google ec to ppm charts and get close enough estimates. Both r off a bit for me. Ppms should be lower and the pH should be higher. Iā€™d get some calmag water ran thru it to get the pH up and the ppms down some and go from there.

1 Like

Since you just trans[planted they havenā€™t had much chance to eat through the pre-charge in the soil. I wouldnā€™t worry too much about run off PPMs at the moment. You really donā€™t need to give nutes for the first month or so in those FF soils. But I would water a a slightly higher Ph to help bring the Ph of the soil into range.
Keep watching the PPMs at run off though - as long as they continue to drop youā€™re fine. If they start to climb that indicates a problem.
after 4-6 weeks you should have seen them drop into the proper range and itā€™ll also let you know when to start feeding your nutes.
If the soil Ph is in the proper range theyā€™ll eat quicker too.

1 Like

Alright thanks for help guysā€¦ Iā€™ll get on that!
Everything i put into these plants is always 6.5PHā€¦ I may need to recalibrate my Apera meter.

1 Like

Run it at 6.7 or 6.8 for a couple of waterings and thatā€™ll help raise it up quicker.
Even 7.0 a time or two wonā€™t kill them - just make sure youā€™re wetting all the soil and get good run off back.

1 Like

Canā€™t explain why they would specifically discourage, I grew some and they did grow tall. I allow my girls to get to 5th or 6th node and then top and bend horizontal. Even doing that they still grew fairly tall. You definitely need to consider height restrictions in your grow area and possibly consider LST or topping.

1 Like

This is all great advice. Thanks a lot, to each of you for the responses. I apologize for my knowledge still being so elementary, but Iā€™ll get there. :blush:
@Bulldognuts @Tylersays @Mark0427

1 Like

No need to apologize, what little I know was learned here. Never hesitate to ask, even if you think itā€™s a dumb question. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Everything Iā€™ve learned I learned from here also. I came on the forum with 3 bag beans dropped in soil no lights or anything was gonna grow them outside and bring in daily at night. That worked for like the first 3 to 4 weeks and wife said screw that and got a blurples then I came on here after I owned like 6 Bluples and ended up not listening and got 4 more not blurples but off brand qb like gets. Another mistake but not as bad as the blurps lol. This place is aweso to be at. My wife hates me on most days as I am on here quite a bit chatting it up. U become friends and talk about life as much as we do our plants lol.

1 Like

It is cool hereā€¦ everyone is so helpful and friendly. This is only my second batch of plants Iā€™ve grown so farā€¦ but I feel like Iā€™ve already learned a ton. Thanks to everyone here.
But I did the same thing. When this beautiful plant became legal in my state, I started buying off Amazon, not really knowing what I was buying. Got a tent that was way too small, a light that wouldnā€™t work for flowering, so bought 2 more lights ( that also wouldnā€™t work for flowering), an inline fan that was too smallā€¦ ectā€¦ ectā€¦:crazy_face:
But, since I bought my first seeds from ILGM, then noticed this forum, Iā€™m on the right track!
Sighā€¦ if they would only make it legal federallyā€¦ then I could actually enjoy what I produce! :roll_eyes:. Butā€¦ my friends and neighbors and family are liking my gig so far! :joy:

1 Like

Good morning everyone and happy New year!
So, this is 'Phineas Pogo ', my very stubborn Gorilla Glueā€¦

I fed her the ā€˜Winter Frostā€™ for a week as suggested (3 feedings worth) and started her on her 2 week, water diet this morning. Those close up shots are so yā€™all can see all the foxtailing sheā€™s doing. So my question isā€¦ what do I actually do about the foxtails? In 2 weeks, after I chop her down, and hang and dry her, do I cut off all the foxtails during trimming? Or do I leave them as part of the bud? Andā€¦ if Iā€™m supposed to cut them off, is a 2 week water only diet still even necessary?

Hope to hear from yā€™all soon and hope you all have a pleasant (and fuzzy) New Year :blush:

3 Likes

Awesome girl man!!
Foxtails are fine to smoke - itā€™s just weed! I guess people donā€™t like them because they make the buds look funny, but it all looks the same after the grinder to me! LOL!
You can dial the lights back a little in late flower to reduce the occurrence of them.
Some trains are actually prone to foxtailing. Itā€™s just how their structure grows.

The 2 week water diet is supposed to help wash out the ā€œchemicalā€ taste of the nutes I think is the claim.
But Iā€™ve also read a study that was carried out with weed tasting experts - isnā€™t that all of us? - and the ā€œexpertsā€ actually preferred the un-flushed weed more often than the flushed! So go figure!! LOL!
It canā€™t hurt but so much I guess.

1 Like

Hmmm ā€¦ thanks @Tylersays ā€¦ and interestingā€¦ I havenā€™t heard that, but that makes me think (a dangerous pastime usually) why not just chop her now then? :thinking:

1 Like

Alright everyoneā€¦ soā€¦ im having a surgery tomorrow so Iā€™ll be out of work for several weeksā€¦ so, you know what that means! :crazy_face: After more than a decade I got high last night for my first time! I tried some of that GSCX from that most recent harvestā€¦ not trying to toot my own horn but I must say I did well! :blush:
Iā€™m not actually a stupid person, however, I pleasantly was, last night, for about 4 or 5 hours!
Thanks everyone for all the help in getting me started! :+1:

5 Likes

Oh yeahā€¦ I also forgot to mentionā€¦ Iā€™m 7 days out from harvesting Phineas Pogoā€¦ my very stubborn Gorilla Glue girlā€¦ so decided to drop 4 Bruce Banners last nightā€¦ this will be my first Sativa dominate strain Iā€™ve grown and, as I understand, BB is a particularly tall plantā€¦ weā€™ll see!:flushed:
Iā€™m sure with all the help here, I should be OK :blush:
Wish me luckā€‹:exploding_head::partying_face:

5 Likes

Good morning everyone! I havenā€™t posted in a week, so sorry in advance for the upcoming novelā€¦:neutral_face:
@Fiz . Hi Fiz! I thought since we were both new to this you might want to follow along in my rambling and maybe we could learn from each other as we ā€¦ wellā€¦ grow! :blush:
So , for those of you that are interested, I got some fresh information on newmellinum winter frost. Neal, the owner of newmellinum called me and gave me a breakdown of how his product works and how to use it. He says, feed/ water your plants like normal till 3 weeks till harvest. Then cut out nutes and additives completely. Winter Frost will be a stand alone product (unless you add newmellinum ruby, fulvic acid, which im convinced I will, then you use them together) you will use it for 1 week. Then proceed to your perverbial 2 week ,water only/ flush.
Phineas Pogo comes down today! Its been a long road for her, but sheā€™s ready to hang and dry and prepare for curring! :blush::partying_face:

Here is an update on her sistersā€¦ all are doing well. They are needing a feeding everyday now and 10cups/day of Jacks(full strength) with added Si (2ml/g) and Fish!t (2ml/g)ā€¦ also recharge once a week.
As youā€™ll see in the upcoming pictures. They are all gorilla glue, all germinated and sprouted at the same time, and all in the same medium and feeding scheduleā€¦ butā€¦ like all siblings, are vastly different.

I think itā€™s really fun to see them all behave so differently.

My solo cup experiment with the topping of an auto flower (my first cloning attempt) is still moving along slowly, but nicely. She seems healthy and happy in her little home.

And alas! Iā€™ll introduce you to 2 new members of our family!

This is Monica Rappaccini, up front, born 2 days ago, and Thundra born yesterday. Both are Bruce Banners, auto flower seeds from ILGM :blush: arenā€™t they pretty!? I had 2 more, germinating at the same time but never developed a tap root. I placed them in soil anyway, and will give them another week, but Iā€™m not real hopeful for them. Butā€¦ thatā€™s OK! Why? You askā€¦ glad you asked. Because I had more and they are germinating as we speak. They will just be a little bit behind thier sisters!:wink:

I guess thatā€™s all the update I have for nowā€¦ Iā€™ll try and post a picture of Phineas Pogo after harvest tonight, and will have a final weigh-in, in a week ish!

Happy growing everyone!
Stay-up!:blush:

8 Likes