1st grow because of being intrigued and curious

Decided to get my fingers dirty and try to grow a little my. I am quite the hobbist and Once something perks my interest I go overboard and try and learn all the how to’s. I have
A total of 50 seeds mostly autos.

I have a 48x48x60 grow tent, exhaust fan, seed lights, and a
Veg/bloom light 3000w.
I will be using
@garrigan62 super soil recipe
5 gallon cloth pots

Started 4 seeds (gold leaf, blueberry auto, jack herer auto, bubble gum auto) sowed them directly into solo cup filled
With happy
Frog seed
Starter on the 24th and gl, bbg popped up last night. Both still
Has shell attached. Sprayed solo cup and Placed over the
Cups.

Leaving to head out of town and
Won’t be returning till Thursday
So I hope to still having
Living plants upon my return! If not I will just start over!

:blush:

5 Likes

Best of luck. If you haven’t already, pick up digital pH and ppm meters, and some pH up & down. Managing pH and ppm of your water/nutrient solution and monitoring pH and ppms of your runoff is the key to success.

4 Likes

@Sixpackdad already have it! :smirk: also have nutrients. Going on 2 hours asleep and am in route to hospital 2 states away for sons neck surgery

3 Likes

best to plant all same strain. diff strains have diff grow rates and nute needs

Good luck hope sons surgery goes well

1 Like

Best of luck for your little guys surgery

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Parents12. Sounds like you’ve got a pretty good set up and you’re in the right place.
Good luck with your grow & a speedy recovery for your son’s surgery.

1 Like

I also go deep when picking up a new hobby. It’s a good thing

3 Likes

Thanks everyone did the well wishes
For my son. His surgery is tomorrow. All the pre-op was done today. I have two kids son (25), daughter
(23) she just have us our first grandchild on the 13th. She
Wasn’t due till middle of June
But had some complications so
They induced her. I am on my 3 bout of pneumonia as of yesterday since Christmas! This has been a hectic
Year and hopefully turn better soon!

I am not a avid smoker! Just wanting to learn something new.
If I found a strain I liked things might change! :hugs:

2 Likes

Good luck to your family and I hope you feel better soon. Your little ladies should be fine until you return. Keep us posted.

1 Like

Good luck grandpa

1 Like

I also have been bit by the growing gods, the passion learning and watching them grow has overcome me.:metal::dash::+1:

4 Likes

I know right! To be able to manipulate the growth, get it healthy again in my case I was given clones in pretty rough shape. Not to mention all the different soil growing options! Man I’m hooked :fishing_pole_and_fish:

2 Likes

Last couple days has been full of stress, anxiety but glad to say we
Are home. Sons neck surgery
Went well. 6 screws, 2 spacers and a metal brace later we are home.

Checked on my girls and the 2 that
Popped before leaving are
Still alive and are about 2 inches tall! Still nothing from the other ones so more than likely they won’t
Come up.

I noticed leaf curling on one and
I am thinking it is the light.

3 Likes

No I must have had tired eyes! No leaves curling. Watered them very little and misted the 2 no shows.

2 Likes

God willing your son will be ok…glad he came through it

1 Like

The 2 no shows are history!

Have 1 gl, 1 bbg and 1 blueberry that have sprouted.

Waiting to see if my last blueberry will make an appearance in the next day or so!

Thinking I will plant the gold leaf outdoors once it gets a few weeks old!
Won’t be able to tend to it much cause I will have to plant it several miles away.

Curious to see how it will turn out but gotta get her to live till that time! :joy:

1 Like

@dbrn32. I am wondering if you can help me diy lights for my 4x4 tent? I know that you are the light guru.
I am sure everything is posted somewhere on this forum but I haven’t came across it yet!

2 Likes

Sure I can help. Do you have a particular led that you want to use?

No…I know nothing about this stuff. Would like to be able to use it during veg and flowering.