1st grow autoflower - any advice appreciated

First time grower. Using ILGM Auto Blue Dream. Soil: 4 part potting soil, 1 part perlite, 1 part coca coir, 1 part coffee grounds. Homemade tent. Lights: 2 Hytekgro LED 45w red\blue\white panel & Giixer LED 1000w full spectrum high PAR value simulated sun. Fertilizer: complete crop 9-5-15. Plants are @ 4 weeks.

1 Like

Fertilizer

1 Like

Can someone help with these spots? Maybe fertilizer water hit the leaves?

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about the lower leaves. They will naturally develop problems and fall off as the plant matures.

2 Likes

I’d trim the bottom row of damaged leaves. Then top your pots with 1 inch of washed sand. Bugs loved dead pant material and organic soil. The inorganic sand provide a barrier for pest to get to the soil they will thrive in.
Trim the dead and dying leaves so pest can’t get to them.

What about leaves that are blocking “flowering” growth?

1 Like

Like play sand?

1 Like

Yes that’ll work. Just want it to be from the store and clean of any organic matter. Safe for kids is safe the girls.

1 Like

Flower does not need light to mature. The leaves provide the energy to produce flower. You can tuck leaves if you like but be very cautious of leaf removal, especially autos.

1 Like

I know everyone has there own way of doing things, but why do so many people strip there plants down so much? I did remove some leaves at the flip but havent touched em since cause I figure leaves are a good thing.

those lights might not be enough but just an fyi if you don’t know they are only 115 actual watts. Idk how big the size of your space is but you may run into issues when they get bigger and you have to spread out some. Just my 0.02 but again I’m a newbie and not sure if it will work or not ( once you hit flower that is)

2 Likes

If anyone has better lighting suggestions please let me know

There’s a few reputable brands such as Mars Hydro, AC Infinity, HLG, viparspectra, etc, do a bit of research and watch reviews on YT. They’ll help you pick the best one.

2 Likes

I would not pull a single leaf unless obstructing airflow. Letem get fat and bushy. When they flower they will stretch out. At that time when done she will be where she stays. Then can do a little pruning for airflow. Flowers do not convert light to energy. Fans do. Can pull the ugly bottom leaves. If you look at flowers on heavily pruned plants vs fat juicy plants you can see a large difference in flower quality. I only prune hard on a photo I will let veg a long time. Just my thoughts.

3 Likes