1st grow and see a few yellow dots. See pictures in post

Its only been 3 days and I noticed there are yellow dots on the first pair of true leaves and was wondering if it could be caused by me misting the seedling or did I just over water a little? Its on a 16/8 lighting Ph 6.8 in Fox farm ocean. Plain water only SF1000 led full spectrum 24 inches above plant. Any ideas are welcome. I’m probably over thinking it am going to give it 3 to 5 day’s to dry out a little.

Welcome to the community, the FFOF is an organic medium that’s rich in up front nutrients and hot for seedlings or at least the consensus. 3 days as in breaking ground? You should cover those with a clear dome to create condensation for the leaves to take in until a root system is established. Typically 10-14 days. You should also water in a circle about 6” around the base of the plant to encourage the roots to spread out searching for water/ nutrients. You’re good with that soil for about 5 weeks with water only :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Will go do that now read somewhere that once they break ground to remove the dome but I’m just learning. I have been watering in a circle around the plant for just that reason. And yes 3 days since breaking ground. Took about 2 days to break out. Temperatures high 70s during light and mid 60s in dark humidity steady around 65%.

Perfect temps and RH, some use the dome some don’t. I find it necessary for feeding until that tap root grows down and the roots start spreading. You got this brother :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Yes it can, stop misting it, no need for that and only asking for trouble.

2 Likes

Noted no misting and put a clear dome over the lady with a few air holes up top. On a side not do you all think a shot glass of water every 2 to 3 days is enough for now ? Don’t want to water to much as it seems to be a problem for new growers ?

1 Like

Yeah that would probably be fine, just feel the soil around it and don’t water if still moist, want to let the soil dry up some between waterings. Yes, over watering is one of the biggest problems for new growers, misting/spraying sprouts daily is responsible for so many seedling deaths. It keeps the soil around the stem of the plant too wet and causes them to damp off and die.

2 Likes

Yeah I have read that alot and am pretty sure misting is what’s responsible for the yellow dots so wont be doing that ever again. I will definitely check the soil under the top layer. Looked pretty dry on the top moved some and still moist underneath :wink:. Thanks for the info and advice just really trying to make this 1st grow successful. Now I’m still waiting to see if this gold leaf in my second pot will ever break ground. Planted the same time and nothing yet. The waiting is a killer

Well I’m about 90% sure the yellow spots where indeed burn spots from my 1st and last misting as they are now brown and have little holes but she is starting her second set of leaves. Here are updated pictures incase anyone sees something alarming and has any advice . Thanks

Just wanted to confirm if this is a good or bad thing ? Leaves pointing up towards the light ?.

Day 22 and all is going well just posting some update photos

And the Gold leaf thats about 2 weeks behind the Blue dream

1 Like

Its been a long while and just an update on the BD and the GL seems we are approaching the finishing line and I cant thank you all enough for the help along the way. I have had a few bumps in the road (mostly just a case of nutrient burn) and a few damned gnats but I just wanted to post a few picture of the ladies all grown up.

1 Like

Right on, they look amazing! Well done :love_you_gesture:

1 Like