1st grow and im panicked af

High everyone and thanks for the input in advance. I’m 2 weeks into my first grow and the anxiety has begun.I have 2 White Widows from ILGM in a 2x4 tent and they’re in 3 gallon fabric spots with FFOF/Perlite mix. Theyre 2 weeks old today since planting. They’re under a Vipar 450 20/4 which was at 20-21" until I saw there was an issue then backed off to 22". They’ve been watered at (6.3-6.7) PH with only tap water and a little bit of Cal/mag last week.60-70% RH and it stays70-80 degrees in the tent at all times. The veins seem green with lighter coloration in between, its only on new growth. In the pictures theres a couple little brown spots on the fingers and tips and they tend to canoe or curl upwards. The other plant is shorter and show no signs of issues. Is it heat stress or light burn? Did I already screw up and burn them? A defiency? I cannot get a distinct answer and I don’t trust my lack of knowledge. Please help as I already obsess over my girls. The pictures look horrible on my PC so If you need better pictures or more info please let me know. Until then i’ll keep stressing and watching them while I wait. I appreciate you all and thanks again. Much love

Welcome @Squirtle. I’m a hydro guy myself. I’m following

1 Like

Plants look fine; cut back on your water input and let them dry out a bit. You could be experiencing a mild damping off. Leaf color is acceptable. Remember that every seed is a different plant with different demands and responses to stimulus. They are like sisters, sort of.

If you haven’t already; purchase a decent PH and TDS meter, along with the calibration and storage solutions and learn to use them. You will without a doubt need to supplement before too long and there are some simple ways you can adopt to keep your plants healthy once soil is depleted. Tag me or any of the other mods and we’ll try to help.

BTW the Vipar is probably only able to flower off one plant once you flip to 12/12. The good news is it should be enough for two vegging plants, but gotta keep the distance up to spread light to two plants.

3 Likes

Thank you for the swift reply I greatly greatly appreciate it. So you think a 3 day dry out may not be enough? I already feel uncomfortable waiting that long lol. I just saw the discoloration and full on anxiety took over. Is it normal they look kind of glossy? Is that common with newer growth? I’ve had the ph pen from the start so there really i’snt much fluctuation if any at that, and a TDS pen hadn’t even crossed my mind so I will absolutely look into it. :slight_smile: I guess I didnt mention this which is my bad but they are autos. I was even debating keeping them under lights for 24 hours until flower, which will then be moved to under my mars hydro once the room is built. I can’t thank you enough

Dude. Chill out. It will be ok. They are weeds, remember. White Widows I think will probable grow in a crack in your sidewalk. They look fine. I’m assuming you are growing to help with the anxiety? There is tons of info on here. Just spend a little time reading instead of watering. My first grow was WW. Nice girls. Enjoy, smile, be happy!

1 Like

Lol yes sir you assumed correctly. I know they’re weeds and all and they’ll be fine under the worst conditions but the ocd and anxiety get the best of me. I just wanted to get ahead of whatever the issue was as I can’t afford to fail. I appreciate you all

3 Likes

@Squirtle If you need someone just tag them like I did you and help is on its way! You got this man! FFOF is hot shtuff for a seedling, try Happy Fog next time. Nutes will run out but you got a while, if you research it a little you will find out how long until you need to start feeding. You definitely need PH and PPM pens if you do not have them! This is a relaxing and laidback little deal, let it be that way for you too. Later Daze :grin: :sunglasses: :v:

3 Likes

@Squirtle welcome to the community!!! Solid advance above! Smoke a bowl and take some deep breaths! WW is a great smoke! Just grew black widow last grow. All widows grow pretty easy✌

2 Likes

welcome. WW is incredibly resilient. I just finished my first ever grow of anything besides a house plant of white widows. Believe me they are hard to kill. I had plenty of screw ups and environmental issues i fully expected to cause major damage but they are troopers.
I would suggest lots of research here and on you tube, then use that search bar and ask questions.
you can do it. and good luck!

1 Like

Thanks you all for the warm welcome and good advice! Unfortunately my issue is the anxiety and whatever else has gone unmanaged for 6 months as I moved 13 hours away. That’s why I can’t really afford to fail. I’m pretty sure I’ll be reading and watching videos daily for quite a while now as I’m already hooked. Much love all

1 Like