1st Grow. Aerogarden Auto Cheese

@Smokinnuggs I can’t do photos because of the possibility of light leak. This is my first grow to me it seems like the concept of hydro would be less intense. But I wouldn’t know for sure. Staring in the Aerogarden garden and only giving one gallon of nutes seems simple. I’m guessing the bubble bucket is around 2 gallons. I have a small pond pump too that I’ll probably be throwing in the bucket to stir the water around like 10 minutes every hour. Only using the noob nutes right now for this grow. I did buy the more advanced ones but I want to get a couple grows in first. I also have a RDWC system I built that holds 5 gallons but it kinda intimidates me so I’ll just stick with the basics for now.

1 Like

Don’t be intimidated by any of it… plants will usually always pull through your mistakes…
And one thing that i know for sure is , you’ll never know what your capabilities are until you push yourself…
I would have never thought that i would be in the position that i am right now , but i was always scared to take any chances… finally got over it and im glad i did… you will always surprise yourself when you finally give yourself a chance…
Like they say… the only one holding you back is you… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

You can do it show em your pimp hand lol

1 Like

Week 2 Day 14
Still not getting the stretch I would like but it’s growing. I wanted to be able to bend it a few times and it’s looking like I might have to grow straight up. Next one I will start off with the lights higher to see if I can get an initial stretch.

@Smokinnuggs @dbrn32 @peachfuzz @basementstealth

3 Likes

Idk about the cheese looks great tho my buddy grows autos and he says somtimes they just take off just waiting for that day is tuff!!

@Smokinnuggs hopefully that growth happens in week 3 which starts tomorrow. That’s not counting the 3 days it took to germ and sprout out of the grow pod. If I could get 2 bends that would be nice. I got plenty of light for flower. I have two 135 watt quantum boards. So hopefully the lights will make up for it. My stats on my seed on IGLM says 5 ounces. I’m assuming that’s with growing straight up. If I get close to that I’ll be happy

Looking good!!

5 zips go go gadget grow she looks fat and healthy😀

That’s what the stat sheet says on ILGM. I’m sure that the grow parameters must be close and well monitored which I’m doing. And I’m assuming those stats are for a straight up grow not a trained one. But I’m not really sure about that. I know I have more than enough light. And supposedly QB’s are the shit. We will see. One set back I may have is I’m only using the basic 5 nutrients. If I pull more than 3 zips I’ll be happy. @Smokinnuggs

Yes sir for sure those qb’s are truly the shite.im switching over to 2 600’s and a 6.5x 6.5x6.5 tent for my next project.you guys that are running them have really amazing results!!!.cant wait to join you all…that cheese looks like shes going to be some great meds😁

1 Like

Can you use organtic nutes in your aerogarden?looks interesting.

@Smokinnuggs. Not 100% positive, but I would think you could. This is the first plant I ever grew in it. I saw it on Amazon and I was like I bet you could grow pot in that. And what do you know in the reviews were pictures of people growing weed. So I bought it. I want to do a full grow in it but not this one. I’m going to turn it into a mini RDWC then I’ll try a full grow. Best yeild I’ve seen in it is about an ounce. But that was with the Aerogarden light and some supplemental lighting. I was going to just remove the light and use a 135 watt QB. It’s a one gallon reservoir and only small auto plants are recommended to grow in it

this is what i put together after searchin around on y tube 17.5 gallon tote from menards 10 bucks using the pump from my bubble bro kit going to go dwc butt could get another tote and convert to rdwc

3 Likes

Nice man! This is what I built that’s sitting in my closet upstairs.

@Smokinnuggs

1 Like

Thought Ph went up in Veg? Mine seemed to drop just a little. @dbrn32 @peachfuzz @Smokinnuggs @basementstealth. Added some tap water that I have sitting out.

1 Like

I have no knowledge of ph changing because of being at a specific plant stage.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 that’s what I read in an article that a guy wrote about growing in an Aerogarden. I drained a cup out an added two cups of tap. Got it where I want now. Tomorrow I’m draining the reservoir anyway.

Is it ok to touch roots with your hands? Or should I wear gloves? @dbrn32 @basementstealth @Smokinnuggs @peachfuzz cause I touched them

2 Likes

You can , but it is a good practice to were gloves when messing with your plants… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

@peachfuzz @basementstealth @dbrn32 @Smokinnuggs

4 Likes

She looks good. Growing fast