1st grow advice any help

This is day 6 on my first grow I haven’t added any nutrients yet I will tomorrow. I was wondering if this growth was on the right track

I can fill out a support ticket if needed thanks.

Looks about normal long way to go be patient .

I ran into my first prob I think I believe the light was way too close so I moved it up a bit.

I also believe i might’ve waited too long to water. How would I know if it was a nutrient problem?

1 Like

@SHWEETS
What’s the medium you are using? How much and how long between watering? This early in the game nutrients usually aren’t needed.

It stops looking green.

1 Like

I’m using a rock wool cube placed in Hydroton in a DWC bucket.
It’s Day 7 after sprouting and I just introduced a equal parts flora series (micro, grow, and bloom) the recommended amount was 1/4 tsp. Per gallon and I did half of that amount .

I think it’s taking shape and doing better but idk i keeep the temp around 77-85 with a RH of 40% and higher.

I don’t water often, from what I understand it’s still a small seedling that doesn’t consume much. I’ll water once or twice every other day

RH needs to be around 70% at this stage. If you’re not using anything to cool your water, I would lower the room temperature. Just my opinion. I keep my veg room below 68° because I don’t have chillers in there. In my flower room, I have chillers and keep my canopy around 75°-80°. 70% RH for veg
45%-55% RH for flower.

1 Like

@SHWEETS
I know nothing about that method, so no advice here. However, looks great today. Seems like you are right on track.

It Plummets at night when I can’t get to the humidifier to refill it but I do keep it rather high the tent is too small to put a humidifier in so I have it right outside and it does just fine.

Here’s a nice pic I took last night (before it straightened out this morning.)

You’re going to cause it to “damp off”. If the rock wool stays too wet, it will rot at the trunk. If I water at that stage, it’s ONCE.

No top watering here. Your airstones should keep them wet enough. Your water level should be about 1 1/2 inches below your net pot. If you need anything, just tag me.

1 Like

Shouldn’t that be 3-2-1 at this stage. I also found that 1/4 strength worked best for me. If you go by their feeding recommendations, you will try your plant. Remember, they are in the business to sell more fertilizer.

1 Like

@SHWEETS what size area do you have to grow in?

@Grandaddy013 its 24"x24"x48"

Better keep your plant topped so it doesn’t get tall. Remember when you go into “the stretch” your plant can nearly double in size. I would also recommend a Scrog. That will keep your height down.

@Grandaddy013 I’ll keep that in mind. Any other tips? I feel like my plant still doesn’t the strong root system I desire at this stage. It may have been from the net pot being submerged (before I drained it to 1’1/2”)
Should I still top it if it’s a autoflower? I heard they don’t have a long growth period to recover from topping.
It’s a NL auto and I’m using a (130W)300W viparspectra.

1 Like

I’ve never had any experience with an auto.

I think @blackthumbbetty is familiar with autos

Do not top, especially if you already feel the plant is struggling.

@blackthumbbetty yeah I believe it is showing some signs of struggle

I’m almost certain I gave it too much water early this is like day 7 after it sprouted. Should I start another seed before i get too far.