1st grow 3 auto flowers humidity too high?

Hey guys, my 1st grow, a 2x2x4 tent the girls are in week 6 ( autoflowers ) I’ve had humidity between 65 and 80 pretty much all through the grow with help of a humidifier, they are in organic soil. I removed the humidifier 8 days ago and have 3 fans going now ( I

just installed the 3rd tonight ) it still sits at 70+%, I ordered a dehumidifier that won’t be here for another 4 days, any advice other than an air conditioner to reduce the rh? Appreciate any help.

2 Likes

If your house is dryer then leave a crack in your door flap during lights on otherwise you’ll be fine that early in flower with that much airflow

1 Like

Yeah that 2x4 it’s gonna do that once you put 3 plants in there , gotta keep that heat down, or a dehumidifier ,looking good

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for the advice!!

@Randy_Marsh still trying to figure this out. If the RH is up above 65-80 why keep the heat down? Wouldn’t that make the moisture condense and cause everything to sweat?

1 Like

This is the reason behind it ,hot air can “hold” more water vapor than cool air because as the air warms its molecules move farther apart, making room for more molecules. @Underthestairs. This leads to the idea that as air cools its molecules move closer together, “squeezing” out water vapor

2 Likes

And how does that relate to the VPD charts?

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s already tied down it’s just the way nature works , cold weather dry can’t carry a lot of humidity, vapor or humidity basically warm evaporated water , cold will create condensation , and remove that vapor or hot water from air by cooling it down back to water liquid form instead of gas form

1 Like

It’s just unnatural to have a high humidity in a cold environment…

1 Like