1st grow. 1st journal, all advice welcome!

@Myfriendis410

Bud wash? This is the first I am hearing of this…

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 @PurpNGold74

Here is #4… she is the one that got left in that shitty soil earlier in this thread. 20191025_221135547 20191025_221138540 20191025_221220864

20191025_221131290

3 Likes

Awesome job!

You may want to check plant 4 really good for bud rot. If you see some toss those parts and get her to harvest.

1 Like

I agree. Time to harvest.

Yup yup. Those potheads gotcha. Very well done. Dont forget trim pics!

1 Like

@PurpNGold74

If you go up and look at number 4… she looks ugly! That’s the one in the shitty soil. We are about to chop her so doing a wet trim after she sat dark for 24 hours. Man she looks better and smells great! Pretty big lady too.

6 Likes

The brown look is not brown. Not bud rot. Its purple for sure pic doesnt do much justice

1 Like

O i can see the color! Looks good. Congrats on the chops!

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410

What is a good light distance for seedlings

Which light?

1 Like

The 300w blurple…

And is it ok to run seedlings on an 18/6 light schedule? @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410 @PurpNGold74

24/0 for the first ten days.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410

I have them in with the ones that are almost done. No where else to put them… will it really hurt them?

1 Like

I run my seedlings under 24 hours light too.

3 Likes

Just keep them warm when lights off and they will be fine.

1 Like

Please dont tell me your trimming over a trash can :frowning: that’s the good stuff ur throwing away unless u dont do the edible topical hash thing

So I am gunna start a journal again on here as I have 4 more seeds going. I really learned alot this first go around. My question for all of you is how to make my final buds more dense? They seem dense in the grow but seem to lose some of that during my drying and curing. Just want some input. Thank you all.

@merlin44 @fano_man @Myfriendis410 @Witchhouse @peachfuzz @merlin44 @dbrn32

1 Like

The most common reason for low density buds is low light levels. Another thing that I did a couple of grows ago (as an experiment) is that I over fed all the way through flower (including nitrogen). This caused them to fluff up during the last weeks instead of getting and staying dense.

I am not saying that either of these are your problem, just my experience so far.

Edit: On the lighting issue, I have seen folks that have what should be enough light but they did not put it close enough to the plants. Be careful, you don’t want to burn them.

Edit #2: As @Myfriendis410 says below, PPFD is the most reliable way to insure correct light levels in my opinion. This does require a PAR meter which is a bit expensive and most folks don’t bother with them. I set my light arrangement and light levels using the PAR meter with 500 uMoles being the target in early veg and 800+ uMoles in late veg and all through flower.

1 Like

Absolutely having the correct light levels is number one (PPFD, DLI). If you can determine the correct value for your lights that would be helpful. Nutrients, genetics, likely temp and RH all play a role. I did a few Sour Diesels and the flowers were deadly weapons lol. Others; not so much.

1 Like