1st grow. 1st journal, all advice welcome!

Using a general purpose potting soil this go around.

Girl Scout Cookies extreme autos

32x32x62 Vivosun grow tent

Vivosun 4" air filteration system (2 filters)

Fabric pots

I also have a 300w led that I replaced… should i have then both in there?

Giving half dose of fox farm trio nutes tonight. Just the grow big and big bloom.

I am not sure in how to calculate the day I am on, lol is it the day I put seed in water or day I dropped the seed with tail in dirt?

I am also attaching a picture. It’s hard trying to get natural light to where they are. Sorry if it’s not the greatest picture.

ANY AND ALL ADVICE WELCOME!

2 Likes

And I just started lst

1st week is germination basically. Usually start counting at 1st set of true leaves. With all them get as much light in as you got…looking good though …:+1:

Here’s your light buddy. See the actual wall drawl, 165, that’s with both vegg and bloom switches on. So just vegg switch is probably 90w and just bloom is probably around 70w. You are going to need the 600w you have (probably only really 100w) also for vegg and even more once flower begins.

4 Likes

Solid start. Like the setup. If id recommend anything (besides seconding @HornHead’s advice above) is maybe a bit more perlite in ur soil. Most gen potting soil is pretty bereft of amendments n perlite. So maybe some worm castings and bit more perlite nexttime u setting pots. Other them that best of luck and im here watching along.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! You have some really good help here.

3 Likes

More light is going to be necessary IMO.

If you haven’t yet I would recommend buying a decent digital PH meter and TDS meter. Don’t get the soil probe types as their worthless unless spending real money on them. You are probably going to want to know what the soil PH is at some point so look up “slurry test” which is easy to do. PH range you are looking for is 6.3 to 6.8. Outside that range and you run into issues with nutrient lockouts (not soluble outside of correct range).

4 Likes

Do your research before buying if you have any questions ask if your not sure

4 Likes

So I fed the girls half strength fox farm trio 2 days ago and this one is looking really sad… any ideas?

1 Like

Make sure when you feed none gets on the leaves.

2 Likes

No nutes! You are in potting soil that is already likely to be very hot! Put the nutrients down and back away from them haha.

You just want water right now. The plants will tell you when they are hungry and better to be hungry than over fed.

6 Likes

1 Like

Even if I have a generic potting soil? When should I start to feed? Cal mag? Should I water them now to try and flush some? Sorry… newbie jitters lol

2 Likes

Got a picture of the soil used? Can you put up a link from Amazon?

@Myfriendis410

1 Like

Yes, thank you. See where it says “Feeds up to 9 months”? That’s a bad sign. If a product also says “moisture control” that’s another red flag. Now; understanding the soil you can grow gucchi weed, but I sure as hell wouldn’t attempt it, so you might factor that in. The problem is twofold: the chemical fertilizers used tend to be harsh and remain behind in the flower. Hard to flush. Second; the PH tends to be really low, producing lockouts and deficiencies as well as nutrient burn from (usually) excess N.

Best to use some product like Fox Farms Ocean Forest, Black Magic, and Roots Organics has a cannabis optimized soil. You can transplant into that and flush your plants and be just fine. But you want to stay well away from nutrients in that soil.

4 Likes

Do you think it’s ok to transplant now? Also I need a stronger light. I wanna stay in the LED I was thinking Mars hydro 1000w?

1 Like

MyFriend is spot on! Stay away from ‘time released, or slow release’ fertilized soils. They’ll cook ur girls. Yea u can def transplant. Just try to rinse away a bit of the other dirt. And honestly if ur gonna drop $100+ on a new light, it shouldn’t be that one. Itll grow decent weed but u can do better. Check out HLG (horticulture lighting group) or if you dont mind sourcing the parts and building it urself @dbrn32 is the man round these parts.
How big is ur space again?

5 Likes

@PurpNGold74 tent is 32"x32"x62"

1 Like

I believe he recommends the HLG 260 or somewhere around there for that size space. The 100 and 120 are pretty friggin good lights btw. Just maybe a lil skimpy along the walls and corners.

3 Likes