1st EVER grow journal with auto Amnesia Haze

I got all excited when I thought I saw “free latte”…maybe it’s time to make some coffee lol

1 Like

Day 4
My modified supply list:
Hydro Grow indoors
What I’m using:
*2 Auto Amnesia Haze
*2 Root spa, Hydro bucket bubblers
*Tent 2x2x4
Led full spectrum light 1200w
Humidifier
Fan
*Heat pad w/temp controller
Timers
*Tap water (let it sit for 2 days & ph 5.8
Clay pebbles
Rock wool
Loupe
Fiskar clippers
Airtight glass jars
*starred items indicate (for my own reminder) changes made.

Small tent is in and up. I put tbe old girl in to finish up. A bit cramped but it’ll work.

The 2 new girls are peeking out at me and almost ready to drop into the basket. One thing I do love about hydro, pop your seed, drop into rockwool, then into the bubbler.
I took a few pics. I’ll post later.

6 Likes

Woohoo @Fairieswear8oots

2 Likes

Nice!

If you get a cheap bubbler and air stone to throw in your tap water, you can get away with not letting it sit that long. I’ve bubbled my tap water for as little as 3-4 hours and used it without any ill effects. Overnight would probably be better, but morning of would be plenty.

2 Likes

I used to put a bubbler in my well water ph went from 6.4 to 8.6 ??
Before i started using the Ro filter have tried it since
Anyone wlse have this happen
It didn’t effect anything except need more ph down on a water day when feeding it was actually pretty close to where i needed it tho

3 Likes

Mine goes up too from bubbler. But nutes usually bring it back down. Can’t attest to ro water, never used it.

1 Like

I will Let you know cause the Ro actually drops the ph into the 5s and nutrients added im
Into the 4s so if adding a bubbler would help ill do it lol beterr than adding up constantly imo
@dbrn32 ok ao im not the only one who has experienced that

3 Likes

Not at all. I’m sure you can find a way to play it into your favor. I’ve never seen the ph shoot straight up, it’s usually a creep over time. So maybe bubbling less or more based on what you need? Shoot, maybe even find a way to not use any ph adjusters at all.

1 Like

@dbrn32 and @Countryboyjvd1971
Thanks for the tip on the bubbler. I can do that! In factI have two new industrial buckets for sitting water.:droplet:

2 Likes

This morning

An hour ago

2 Likes

Oh and btw, 1200 led in 2x2x4 tent, HOT! I do not need a heater and good thing! There’s not much room for it
:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I might put yhe heater back in. It was only 66 this morning. Glad I put a small pad heater under the the seedlings.
@Donaldj saw a comment from you in regards to doing a comparison with light’s. I lost it before I could comment. I would like to follow that!

3 Likes

Anybody have any suggestions on getting my temps around 80?
2x2x4 tent, 1300 led. One fan blowing in and one straight up from the bottom. 2 port holes open and unzipped 1/2 the top and still hitting 90!! I’m gonna fry em :weary:
@Countryboyjvd1971
@blackthumbbetty
@Screwauger
@Donaldj

@Fairieswear8oots Your temps are good small fan in there so the have a small breeze moving them so they will get nice and strong your doing great my temps are 55-70 some times 60-85 depends on where I’m growing

3 Likes

@Hogmaster
Thanks✌️

1 Like

You don’t think 90 is a little high? I’m usually pretty comfortable up to mid 80’s, but at 90 I would be looking to make some changes.

2 Likes

It is but outdoor it gets over 100 and they still go I’ve had 95s in my tent and don’t like it my other suggestion would to open all flaps and point a fan outside the tent blowing out air in vents or open it when the lights are on what’s your schedule on your lights

2 Likes

It gets stressful for you and the plants it’s not ideal but it is a weed and very Resilient bigger tent and a carbon filter you will be set

That’s a powerful light in such a small tent!

I keep my temps down by cracking a window in the room my tents are in (drops temp by anywhere from 2-10 degrees),or by propping open the door to my room by about 4 inches.

I know, not amazing advice, at all, but it works for me. :grinning:.

In my 2.5x5x6 tent, I have 900w of galaxy hydro leds, an intake fan, a small clip fan, and an exhaust fan; temps peak at 81 during the day & 68 at night (rh 35-75). I keep the front flaps partially open from 8am-5pm.

In my 2x4x5 tent, I have 600w of galaxy hydro leds, one passive intake flap open, an occilating fan, and an exhaust fan; temps peak at 75 day & 65 at night (rh 45-65). This tent stays closed tight.

Next year, I plan on venting the room, itself, to help keep the tents at better temps.

1 Like

@blackthumbbetty
You’re doing autos, what’s your light schedule. 12/12 or 6/18?