1st EVER grow journal with auto Amnesia Haze

Two of these for a 4x4

I don’t think it will cost the same, but it fits and gives a little better coverage.

1 Like

Yeah that definitely is. Cool design (literally?). It has those slots so air passes through the slots and cools. Also heat radiates off of those thin pieces away from the unit.
I may have to eventually build my own light, the two I’m using are 450watt Led Viparspectra.

3 Likes

I know you don’t like recommending what you consider to be substandard but I really appreciate your time and patience with me :heart:

1 Like

By substandard do you mean inexpensive? What kind of budget are you looking to spend?

Correct me if I’m wrong @dbrn32 but I don’t think that he is fond of the LEDs

1 Like

I would like to keep it around $450 BUT if I want to use my big tent 4x4x6.6 I’m gonna need more light. My current light is only good for my small tent 2x2x4

2 Likes

Substandard isn’t a great word. They are in line with the price they cost in my opinion. Or at least to get something better it’s going to cost more money, so however it fits.

I try to recommend lights that are best value in my opinion. The qb’s are about twice as much per wall watt as vipar, but they put 2.5x as much light out per watt. In my opinion they have a better light spectrum for seed to harvest growing too. So that on top of 2.5x the light for 2x the price seems like a win to me. Then you’re also at higher yeild potential per wall watt, so long term production vs cost of production is a win too.

It’s certainly not like I recommend someone drop $1500-$3000 on the likes of black dog light or similar because they’re the most expensive. But some additional expense should probably be expected to accompany an increase in performance right?

7 Likes

I agree 100% I have a month or so before I would start using the big tent so I have a little time AND all this great info to help me when I’m ready. @dbrn32 I’ve read a lot of what you write about lights (I get lost in the words sometimes but that’s just my brain) and I respect your opinion or I wouldn’t ask. I think you give an honest opinion and understand that price is a factor. I think you also see so many resist, throw money at lessor quality (is that better :wink:) and end up spending the bucks for the right deal in the end (thereby spending way more than if we originally went with what was recommended. (Am I close?) Anyway, I might end up being one of those people but that’s life​:wink:

I’m encouraged and looking forward to future grows!! What would I do without this place and all you wonderful people!!

4 Likes

I absolutely respect that! For a less expensive option I think that 315 lec is pretty darn good. Probably better than you can do with any combination of leds for the price ish…

Light selection can become very opinionated quickly. I try to at least have some data to support my opinions, most of the time haha. If the higher end leds out of the budget, lec is the next step in par per watt performance. It also has a wider light spectrum than hps and a any led light available. The only real downfalls are gonna be a little more canopy heat than most leds, and not really an “ideal” application for 4x4. But you’re more than likely not going to do much or any better with inexpensive leds panels for same price.

3 Likes

@Donaldj
@Covertgrower

Is this a result of too many nutes.
They are now at 921/955 ppm both at 581 ph

And Good morning :coffee:

good morning 4:30am waiting on my coffee to finish brewing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: too much nutes or ph but more likely just wrong ratio of NPK too much N which inhibits bud growth and can display as hooking leafs

2 Likes

Are they doomed?

No not doomed but I would have a look at your nutrient bottles and figure out which has highest N and reduce your dosing of that product

4 Likes

Thanks again @Donaldj
Hope you’re enjoying your coffee :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Sorry I’m late, but glad donaldj has you covered. He’s correct. @Fairieswear8oots

1 Like

Thanks hon :slightly_smiling_face:

@Donaldj or @Covertgrower
I’m just getting home and it’s too late to do it BUT should I change the water out and administer the nutes going light on N (nitrogen?)

@Donaldj
Looking at these label it would be the Micro that I adjust down OR

not add at all??

The first number is the nitrogen number. @Fairieswear8oots does that help?
I’m just not sure what the PPM should be. Are their any figures on the bottle? @peachfuzz you around?
I don’t want to give you wrong info. I’ve only just started in hydro.
Also @Donaldj

1 Like