1st EVER grow journal with auto Amnesia Haze

dark green is actually result of overfeeding lush green is what you want :wink: it’s confusing I know you’d think if green is good more green is better but look at new growth on trees grass and tomatoes it is lush new leafs are more productive the darkening is result of stored minerals which are slowing down growth hardening leafs early making them start to hook. Lush is supple soft and pliable letting leafs stretch and produce more surface area to create energy dark is harder more rigid and absorbing less energy remember green is reflected light not absorbed

7 Likes

Thanks again. That clears it up for me​:heart::clap:

Glad Donald got you set!

1 Like

Thanks @dbrn32 for answering my call nonetheless :heart:

1 Like

Just glad your on the right track. @Fairieswear8oots

2 Likes

@Covertgrower me too! This is my second grown and maybe by number 3 I’ll have learned that patience reaps rewards :wink:

2 Likes

@dbrn32
Good morning!! I have another light question for you, oh great one of light! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::sunglasses::sun_with_face:
If it’s going to take as long as it takes to grow my own weed, I don’t think this small tent is going to work long term. Can you recommend a suitable light for a 4x4x6.6 tent? I’m seriously considering going back to the big tent and I’ll need to get my duck$ in a row to get it done :+1:

2 Likes

Sure! You wanting led, or to keep everything as an option?

If you’re wanting to go with leds would be difficult for me not to recommend something using quantum boards. Everyone seems to love them, and they’re definitely producing large healthy crops. If something with them will fall within your budget will probably be the way to go.

If you’re wanting to stay in a little higher performance light without spending as much, lec teallgood there. Will be a little more canopy heat, and they don’t exactly have an ideal option for 4x4. But I think if you got one with the style of reflector @Donaldj used you’d be pleasantly surprised with the performance.

Will really come down to how good you want it to be and how much you can spend to get there?

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079KVL8JF/ref=pe_2313350_283363850_em_1p_0_ti
Finally found one with remote ballast and Gullwing shade bulb isn’t the best but would work for good starter bulb and decent enough price for everything you get

3 Likes

@dbrn32 & @Donaldj Thanks guys!!

@Donaldj that is certainly in my price range
And if that will truly give me a good grow then, YAY me!!! BUT I don’t want to spend a little with the idea that I will upgrade later. Let’s say my budget is 450 what will that get me?
Oh and keep everything as an option :+1:

2 Likes

Oh and I don’t think I could build one. My brain is not inclined to grasp that stuff at all :pensive:

lmao only thing I would change in that link is the noname bulb to a Philips greenpower

2 Likes

$450 would be shy of doing quantum boards properly for a 4x4. You generally would run 4 boards, either two of the two board kits or one of the 4 board lights/kits. The two board kits start around $325, so probably $650ish depending on which kit and you assembling yourself.

For comparison hlg does make a light designed to be competitive with the 315. I wouldn’t go as far to say they’re the same, as light spectrum and efficiencies are different. But target par levels are similar. That light is $360 assembled and tested. You save $25 if you build yourself. So little over $100 more to get similar par levels with qb’s than lec.

@dbrn32
How does the hlg compare to what @Donaldj suggested?
And do you have a link to the set up that you’re suggesting for my price range (I am little flexible with the price)

I can’t link sorry. But you can go here and check it out

This is the kit version of the hlg-300. They have more info about performance under that model. There’s two major differences in my opinion. The lec will have a little wider light spectrum that produces uv. The quantum boards are a little more efficient, so little less power consumption and lower heat thrown at the canopy.

1 Like

So the quantum board (that is not what is pictured, right?) is more efficient and less heat?
More efficient, meaning less $$ on the electric bill?

It will draw a little less power yes. The heat is kind of relative. The way the leds work is that the heatsink pulls majority of heat away from the boards and up, as opposed to with the hid bulbs that heat gets thrown at the canopy. The lec is better than something like an hps bulb, but not as low of forward temp as the qb’s.

I don’t see any exhaust fans, so I’m assuming that big blue piece in the kit is a heat sink?

I was wondering the same thing

1 Like

@dbrn32
Let’s say I want led
What do you recommend for the big tent?
I think at that point isn’t the cost getting to be about a he same?