1st EVER grow journal with auto Amnesia Haze

@TwilightZone

A few things before the pics.
I’ve removed the new girls to:

1. Paint that bowl black
  2. Move it to front so I don’t crush the big Gil’s getting to them. (Switched the fan (one of 3) with the new girls.
  3. I’ve removed some of the LST. I think you can see the one left on its on lil girl, on the right.
  4. Since they are new girls I’ve named them Schmidt and CeCe (a nod to the new girl show)

Good morning and have a great day :v:t3: Is it Friday yet… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

I was going to use those legs and a drawer to make another hide out for the cat BUT they came in handy for a high shelf for da new girls :+1:

1 Like

@garrigan62
@dbrn32
@Donaldj
@raustin

HELP! My house smells wonderful but maybe not so much for unexpected company :crazy_face:

When I entered my home last night I was greeted with the most delicious sweet smell of my girls :heart::heart::heart:

What is the bare minimum I can get away with that will eliminate the smell?
And good morning to you all :v:t3::woman_fairy:t3::coffee:

3 Likes

Are you already running a carbon filter?

Nope. Nothing. I figured since I was in the attic and all the vents are closed it wouldn’t affect the house but hello smell

1 Like

How does this all hook together? And would this be enough? I don’t have an open window to stick it out of.

Is the filter outside of the tent with the fan inside? And where does that tubing go?
@Screwauger
Do you know anything about this stuff?

Well that kind of sucks. I’ve only used the filters before. They work really well but can get a little expensive. I’ve seen people do stuff with like febreeze in bowl of moisture beads in front of fan, but I’m not sure how well it works.

1 Like

I have a huge dog, my house is held together with fabreze, candles and oils lol

1 Like

Maybe @Countryboyjvd1971 can help. I’m not sure how well those fans do with static load of the filter.

1 Like

Thanks hon and I appreciate you answering so quickly too!
Hey @Countryboyjvd1971, can you help?

1 Like

If you see that blistering spread maybe check for broad mites.

It could also be environmental. I’ve seen that on plants when I’ve had really low humidity and a lot of air exchange in my tent.

2 Likes

What blistering?

206c88989476514178af263863494d5b2eace066_1_666x500

You referred to it as “puckering.” Tomato, tomato. :slight_smile:

That kind of expression on your leaf is usually just the result of fans, humidity, and temps in my limited experience, but it could also be broad mites that cause that kind of appearance on a leaf. I don’t think it is in your case, though. I just think it’s an old leaf that’s done some living.

2 Likes

Thanks! I really thought it was hugs but I examined and reexamed and looked at leaves under microscope apps :tired_face: Nothing. Everything seems fine now. Do you know anything about the stuff I posted above for cutting down the smell?

1 Like

First question, how long will visitors be staying around? a couple of hours or over night?

The fastest way to get rid of the smell ( it went away in my place within a hour) is to stash them somewhere outside temporarily. Sounds like a complete pain in the butt, but the smell is coming from the ladies. I grow outdoors and indoors but even outside I can smell the girls (when in preflower and extremely potent smells at flower) as I approach my grow site at as close as 50 foot if the wind is right.

Second suggestion, do you have a place to put them that is indoor but is not attached to the heat/ac system?
I’ve had to move my girls outside a couple (when they were in the tent) of times in a hurry had to clear stuff out of my house. Yes I have a carbon filter but waiting to install it in a permanent grow structure (it’s literally still in it’s box).

Third suggestion is move the whole tent and all in to a closet that does not have an intake or vent inside. Run all your wires under the door and keep it running like normal. lay towels under the gap at the bottom of the closet door.

2 Likes

I use an iPower 6" filter on my 4x4 flower tent and it does a good job keeping down the odor in the house. I actually have mine outside the tent, too. Most people put them in the tent. Anyway I have one 6" intake fan and one 6" exhaust fan on the tent. My filter sits on the ground next to my tent with the fan connected to it, and 6" flexible duct to connect it to the tent. I discovered if I have them on all the time my VPD is out of whack and I get things like puckered leaves. I was worried if I ran my fans on timers the smell would seep out of the tent. Anyway, I live in a legal state and no one I lives with cares so I decided I would try it - the smell so far has been totally fine with the fans cycling on for 2 minutes then off for 4 minutes.

I just smoked a bowl - sorry for the long-winded response. :slight_smile:

In any case IMHO the carbon filters work well, but not perfectly.

2 Likes

“Third suggestion is move the whole tent and all in to a closet that does not have an intake or vent inside. Run all your wires under the door and keep it running like normal. lay towels under the gap at the bottom of the closet door.”

THIS is doable!! I have the luxury of the entire upstairs (finished attic) an the ol man could care less :heart: (He does have his shed and oh boy what a shed :wink:).

I mainly use it as a huge closet :heart: The actual closet is big enough for my small tent!

I could kiss you! You’ve solved my problem and it didn’t cost me a thing :+1::heart: My favorite way :sunglasses:
Just noticed in my excitement I didn’t actually say THANK YOU! Thank you :wink::clap::v:t3:

4 Likes

If you still have any issues with smell, in my budget veg closet, I’m using this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00518E9O4/ref=s9_acsd_simh_hd_bw_b12QpN_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=ESKMC5B7ZYDTXPF1EN6X&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=3c726860-13fe-5c4d-ac8d-ede37a5ad3da&pf_rd_i=15356121
You want to make sure it’s near the OUTLET of the grow space, not the inlet…it smells like an industrial bathroom air freshener, sort of, so you don’t want your plants absorbing that smell. It completely removes the odors (organic soil, that plant smell, nutrient odors, everything), and is a pleasant scent, unless you take a big huff right out of the jar lol!

I’ve just got the lid setting on top of the jar. The instructions say to remove the whole thing and put it in the stinky area, but that would be WAY too much for my situation. That said, I bet it would do great in anything up to something like a small room.

3 Likes