1st Ever Grow - Is it stunted?

Hi everyone,

First off, this place has been an incredible source of information, so thank you!

I decided to start my first grow but wanted to keep things very simple and somewhat cost effective. I am currently growing indoors, in a small tent and only one plant.

Using:

• White Widow Autoflower
  • FFOF soil
  • 5 gallon fabric pot
  • Mars Hydro TSW 2000 LED Grow Light

I have been doing my best not to over water, to the point where I think I may have underwatered. I haven’t gotten too hardcore with measuring runoff and what not but the PH of my water is just over 6.

Currently running it at 30 DLI about 30" from the canopy on an 18/6 schedule. Additionally, the temperature in the tent ranges from 68 to 75 degrees F, 40 to 50% humidity. I also have a vent fan and fan pointing at the root of the plant for air flow.

Now, my question/concern. Based on what I’ve found on this forum, I think the growth of my auto has been stunted. What are your thoughts?

These pictures were just taken a few minutes ago. It’s day 29 since germination, day 25 since breathing through the soil.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say stunted. I have seen plants at 4 weeks bigger, but not considerably.
She looks very happy and healthy.
Perhaps you could water farther away from the main stalk. Get the roots moving towards the outside of the container.
Carry on.

8 Likes

Thanks for your input! Certainly a little bit of a relief. And will do with the water, I’ve been doing that off and on, even though the pic indicates otherwise.

I’ll also add, at this point I haven’t fed her any nutrients. Is it a good time to start?

1 Like

FFOF soil should be good for another 2 or 3 weeks before you need to feed.
You can tell by the size of the leaves that its going to get pretty big.
When you see those nice big fat fan leaves it means shes happy.
Expect it to really take off on you.

5 Likes

@antistatusquo i agree with @Spiney_norman i would water the shit out of them get good run off they will explode for you my friend happy growing

4 Likes

@Spiney_norman Okay sweet, thank you! Guess I just need to continue learning patience lol

@Reed71 Thanks! The watering advice is appreciated. I’ve been real timid there for fear of overwatering. At this point I’m safe to soak them? They haven’t gotten a good soak, just a little bit every other day until this point/

3 Likes

At this point you want to fully water and then let it dry mostly out.
You are looking for wet/dry cycles. So yes , once they feel light when you lift it slightly then water till it runs out the bottom. Collect that water and test the PPMs and see where its at.

3 Likes

Gotcha, sounds good!

1 Like

Once PPMs are less than a 1000 you start feeding at about 400 PPM and work your way up. Don’t start full strength. What nutrients are you going to use?

2 Likes

@danniep40 Thank you! I currently have the ones included in the ILGM starter kit but am open to getting different ones if that isn’t the right route to go.

This is my first indoor grow ever i am currently growing ww auto from ilgm also but my plants are on week 5 using rocket fuel soil and fox farm trio for nutrients. I just gave plants first feed at 400 PPMs with tap water PH to 6.2 and still burnt tips a little.

4 Likes

Wow, those look great! I know a week makes a big difference but seems like those are monsters. That’s interesting on the nutrients though. Maybe I’ll get those instead and start light in another week or so.

I also been running my light for 24 hours cause of cold temperatures in basement didn’t want to put a heater in tent. So my temperatures are 72 to 79 with humidity 55 to 65.

2 Likes

welcome to the community. looks good to me

2 Likes

I have had autos put on an inch a day during a growth spurt. I have 2 currently growing almost that fast.

2 Likes

Welcome antistatusquo!

The size is not important at this point.

Your “girl” looks healthy. Just spend some time on the various forums here or use the ilcm search engine to see if someone has already asked about the matter you might have questions about.

Could your plant be larger? Maybe.

Last fall I had two seeds from the same purchase. One grew into an all time record breaking yield - size, size of buds, trimmed and out of cure. A GREAT grow. Her “sister” - the same genome, was so short we called her “stumpy”. However, the main cola on “stumpy” was massive, and coming out of cure - well, I took a hit a few minutes ago: anfppi moo l;hjn l.
:shushing_face: :upside_down_face:

Anyway . . . remember - growing is learning.

4 Likes

Day 21 for my WW photos. Your plants look just fine to me IMO.

4 Likes

They look great. My week 5’s are all over the place. Lot’s of LST in the grow room. All in 5gal FFHF+FFOF+Pearlite. Nutes Boost+Flower Light 800+_

3 Likes

They are looking great! Here’s an example of stunted… These are at day 16 :roll_eyes::sweat_smile:

I’ve been learning the hard way. Overwatered in peat pots, then had my light too close and at full power. Playing around. :ok_hand:

Just wanted to help assure you that you are doing a fantastic job. :clap:

2 Likes

Remember, up to preflower, they double in size about every 5 days… so your’s at 30 days = 2X what we see now

1 Like