1st dwc grow and I need help šŸ˜•

Can someone please give me an idea of the problem and how I can fix.

1 Like

There is a support ticket you can fill in, that will help the experts a lot on helping you. Ill post it below.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
If soil, what brand and type

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the questions and facts will help us help you ļæ¼

Also a picture in natural light, will help. Someone will be with you shortly.

Also you gotta get some better pics up in natural light or atleast with the blurple lights off.

Need to know your nutrient load, ambient temps, RH, and rez temps.

Canā€™t help you without the right info.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and happy thanksgiving to everyone.

1. Strain Type - ILGM Super Skunk
  2. Hydroponic
  3. DWC
  4. Ph of Rez - Currently at 5.9 / Rez Temp 74F
  5. EC reading - 595
  6. 2x2x60 Hydro crunch tent set up in garage
  7. Light system - LED Phlizon 1000w
  8. Day Temps - 77 / 79F & Night Temp - 71 / 73F
  9. RH Day - 57% / RH Night - 60%
  10. Ventilation - Small fan and 4ā€ booster
  11. No A/C, Humidifier or Dehumidifier but I do keep a small bucket of water in the tent
  12. I am using ā€œThe Green Pad CO2 Generatorā€ I have 2 bags currently hung up
  13. Running EcoAir Commercial Air Pump w/ 4ā€ round air stone

The roots seem healthy, arenā€™t slimy and the rez water is 2 inches below bottom of basket. For nutrients Iā€™m using General Hydroponic flora series and I added Hydroguard

Maybe the roots arenā€™t as healthy as I thoughtā€¦?

2 Likes

So: rez temps are too high. I would strongly suggest investing in a chiller. They are not cheap but they are definitely a game changer.

TDS at 595 is a bit high but not enough to worry about yet.

I would discontinue the CO2 as itā€™s simply a waste of space and money. (To take advantage of CO2 you have to be in a closed loop system with a high partial pressure of gas, along with high intensity lighting) Essentially all of your parameters have to be perfect to take advantage of it and if your lighting is insufficient you wonā€™t benefit from it.

That one root showing is going to be joined by many many more. The plant has found your rez so it will start pushing more roots. When it does your canopy will likely stop growing while it works to build a root ball. When itā€™s done it will be about the size of a basketball.

Hereā€™s my journal; I would go to the end and scroll back up, but Iā€™m doing a single DWC in a 2 X 4 X 5 SCROG with a target of 16 oz of flower.

1 Like

Thank you for your detailed input, much appreciated and much respect! Your plants & buds look awesome!!

I have been battling with the rez temp and keeping it right consistently. What is the ideal temp? As far as purchasing a chillerā€¦Iā€™m on it!! Any recommendations on brand/type/size chiller?

3 Likes

Lower PPM and some cal/mag

1 Like

I bought an Active Aqua chiller but upgraded to 1/4 horse as itā€™s like $10 more. Get one rated for saltwater aquariums and hydroponics and youā€™ll be good.

65F is about perfect. My chiller fluctuates between 65 and 67F. You do need a pump to run one and technically once itā€™s installed you are no longer running DWC but RDWC. Pump is to remain on constantly.

1 Like

I second what @Myfriendis410said plus get your humidity up some.

1 Like

Tag me into your grow sometime? I have stumbled on it before but I need to set to Watching: you have some mad hydro skills haha.

1 Like