1st DWC/G.H. nute Hydro grow. Help!

If you need anything, just tag me.

1 Like

@Grandaddy013

My local grow shop has a 1/10 hp water chiller. I’m only going to run 2 totes in a 4x8 tent. The 1/10 hp should be fine right?

Active Aqua AACH25HP Hydroponic Water Chiller Cooling System, 1/4 HP, Rated BTU per hour: 3,010, User-Friendly

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHHP71C/?tag=greenrel-20

This is the one I suggest. It’s actually $20 less than the 1/10hp. The smaller one (1/10) is only rated for 40gal. I don’t believe it would last as long because it would have to work harder.

This was my old system. Picture doesn’t show reservoir.

1 Like

Very nice! I’m almost to Depot now. I hope mine turns out as good as yours! This is exactly why I asked for everyone’s input. Doing the homework is what it’s all about.

1 Like

I’m going to need an inline pump for the return to the resivoir aren’t i?

2 Likes

Inline or submersible. Inline is a bit cooler but priming can be an issue if it’s not located correctly. You want to circulate your nutrient solution through the chiller nonstop. Not a big pump but get one sized to match the plastic lines that come with the chiller. HD is overpriced on pumps FYI.

2 Likes

What he said. I’ll get a link later, about to deal with a thief right now

3 Likes

I hate a thief!!!

1 Like

I’m still short some bulkhead connectors, valves and elbows. My buddy is a plumber and he is going to get the rest I need.

1 Like

Gonna buy another short tote for the other side so the main resivoir sets lower than the plant rez. Its gonna be tough cramming all this in a 4x8 tent but its gotta be done. What I’m thinking is constant circulation in main rez and pump in and out of plant rez. I’m thinking that I may need to elevate main rez and leave plant rez on the floor. The tent is only 7 ft and I may run out of vertical space. I sure am glad you guys are helping. This is turning out to be a heck of a project. I just want it all to be worth it in the end.

1 Like

Does the main rez have to be higher than the chiller?

1 Like

I have 2 small submersible pumps 1 for each tote for return. I can use them. It’s what I bought them for. My original idea was to have stand alone set up but since the nute temps need to be kept constant I’m going the way you guys are saying. I’m going to take a break, scratch my head, and think on it a bit until I hear more input and get the rest of the supplies.@Grandaddy013, @Myfriendis410, @TDubWilly

3 Likes

What size are your pumps?

I have mine the same elevation. 1pump for chiller, one pump from rez to container with plants. Water flows by gravity back to reservoir.

1 Like

How does it flow back if the are the same height? @Grandaddy013?

2 Likes

I have 2 active aqua pumps, 16W 291 gph

1 Like

My thought is elevate the 2 plant containers for gravity return. Plant rez is 19 gallon and main rez is 27 gallon. Should I set it up for constant recirculation?

1 Like

@Grandaddy013 Setting it up like this I can gravity feed back to main rez and pump from main rez through chiller to plants.

1 Like

This is what I have so far minus the pvc. I think I can make this work. Download the pic so you can zoom in on it and see what you think.

2 Likes