1st Autos, NL slow growth?

First time autos for us. Northern Lights outdoor, slow growth. Maybe freaking a little, but after 2 weeks (sprouted in their home 3 gal fabric container)the first pair look healthy……just tiny. I germed and sprouted a second pair that appear healthy -so to early to tell if those girls will behave as the first pair. As stated “outdoor” and they are getting a solid 12 hr. of light daily. Temps have been in upper 60’s to low 70’s. Soil has been kept damp (leaves and color are good) so not over watering. From hours of searching/reading and watching seed to harvest videos, I’m thinking my girls are not normal at this stage. Anyone else experience this, or am I just overly ambitious to get to the veg stage ?

5 Likes

That is gonna slow them down at this stage. Seedlings like a really warm wet environment. They should grow faster as the weather warms. If they were indoors, I would suggest covering them with a dome but outdoors the sun may cook them.

5 Likes

Oh, I forgot,
Welcome to the community @Rip4Buds :tada: Lots of experience in here to help with the most minor to the most devastating issues you may encounter. :grin:

6 Likes

Thanks for the response friend. I was suspect of the temps, and I just stopped putting a dome on them in the dark hours a couple of days ago. I’ve read numerous opinions on direct sunlight, I’m thinking once it gets in the low 80’s to pull into the shade to keep them from burning. Thoughts on this….?
Again, thanks

3 Likes

Probably wise in order to let them get accustomed to the harsh sunlight. But from veg on into flower, cannabis loves the light and can’t seem to get enough.
A lot of growers here start them indoors where they can control the environment and then introduce them to the outside gradually before planting outdoors.

3 Likes

Ok, understood. It’s looking to hit low 90’s next week……hopefully they’ll perk up soon with some nodes/height and break into veg. :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Good grow vibes headed your way. Feel free to ask anything at all in here. No question is too minor or crazy. Lots of friendly folks here looking to lend a hand. Pics are always welcome and helpful for diagnosis.

6 Likes

Perfect, thanks.

1 Like

Here’s a seedling that broke ground Monday. It was outside in the sun for the first two days, but it’s been all rain the las two, so brought it in under light.

2 Likes

Northern Lights autoflowers from lgm are a very small plant, at least the five that I grew out were. They seem to be slow at the start and then they will take off after 3 or 4 weeks. Temperatures might contribute to your problem but I would not be too worried about it. The plants always seem small but they are packed full of very dense flowers when they’re ready for harvest. Hopefully their genetics have not changed. The flavor is incredible.

4 Likes

Hey Dude I am in the hot and humid South myself. SC , you
Might can help you with this heat later we will be worried about mold. I am outside

3 Likes

FbftyUnve2Cju
XD9o33QG9BoMis7iM4

1 Like

Thanks, love all the great info.

Good to know, thanks. Being that the ladies don’t look sickly at all and just stunted……I am hoping for a sudden growth improvement.

Do you think a top dress with castings would be beneficial at this point

I have never used them myself, I know they are a source for nitrogen. Not knowing what soil you are in I can’t really advise you but usually good cannabis soil will take them at least 4-6 weeks and maybe longer if they lake their time starting to stretch.

1 Like

Here is my my plants at 2 weeks 3 ten gallon pots to go outside in about 2 weeks and 1 five gallon auto to stay in tent

upper right corner is auto

Ok, well coming up on 3 weeks in a few days……I’ll be throughly pleased if they fill out and get bushy.

Cool thanks for the pic, is that upper right a NL ?

Like fast said, they are a source of nitrogen but mostly used for their microorganisms to help break down organic nutrients and the micro nutrients it supplies.

Maybe this has already been asked and answered but what is your water source?
Have you checked the ph and ppm of it?
If you use distilled or RO water you really wouldn’t have to even worry about it in soil until you start adding and taking away from the soil. (Nutrients adding/watering to runoff/taking away)