1st auto grow Light question

Hello I’m starting a new zkittle auto grow in my 2x3x5 literal closet I got one of these 1000 watt equivalent parfactwork LEDs and was wondering if I should get a second and install it around week 5- flowering and if I do will the sudden near doubling of their light( I’ll tie them as high as i can) hurt/ stress my girls( I’m only growing 2-3) https://www.amazon.com/PARFACTWORKS-Hydroponic-Spectrum-Medical-Lighting/dp/B07VBKDHKQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=parfactworks&qid=1597208242&sprefix=parfect&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNkNFQTFYS0xWU1JTJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODM1NDUyM0hKMEhGTVRXUjBNMSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjc3MDgzUlpRSlozR1hFTjE4JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Be careful with those lights as the actual power draw is only 115 watts. So they’re not as advertised. A lot of guys have been bumped by Amazons dodgy advertising. I’ve stuck a link in as well. Gives you an idea of how many have been bumped by them

4 Likes

I Would look into another brand of light before flower

2 Likes

Its actually pretty decent for such low wattage( though I don’t have much to compare it to) and full spectrum and not blurple I get 6k lux at 40 in which is perfect for seedlings and 20k at 2 feet which will get me at least to week 5 ,with 2 at about 1.5 feet I’d get roughly 50k which is perfect for flowering but no one really answered me if the sudden increase will stress/ damage my girls

1 Like

I went from a 600w HPS to two QB260s with no adverse effects. In fact my ladies loved it. Just didn’t want anyone else falling foul of Amazon and their dodgy advertising :sunglasses:

3 Likes

And I appreciate it trust me I so nearly fell into the blurple hole myself(there was one in my shopping cart for an hour ) but I do wish I picked up an hlg but I’m doing such small amounts I didn’t think I needed one and thanks for the info

1 Like

Well, you gotta change your lights incrementally, to prevent shocking or burning your plants.

1 Like

That light isn’t technically a blurple, nor did they lie about their output. That light will grow weed just fine. You might need 2 of them to cover a 2x4 area.

1 Like

Not an expert on lights and when I saw the 115 watt draw from the wall I feared the worst. Just feel we should all be aware of the Amazon con :sunglasses: