1st Am Haze auto grow

@dbrn32 would you say regularly would be every other feeding?

1 Like

Sure, depending on how often you are feeding and what your total ppm is.

1 Like

All of my red/purple stems so far have all cleared up with bone meal. The bone meal I use also had calcium in it. Not sure if that’s common in all types of bone meal.

1 Like

@VTGROW what does the Epsom salt do. I started using unsulphered blackstrap molasses. I read it’s got calcium, magnesium, and potassium in it.
I’m trying to decide when to flip my girls. This pic was taken on 3-11-20.

Group shot front to back left to right:
Am Haze Auto and Maui Wowie
Sour Diesel
Wedding cake and super lemon haze.
@dbrn32 @blackthumbbetty @Audiofreak
and others I’ve forgotten to mention.

2 Likes

2 Likes

@Psu8286
I believe the Epsom Salts delivers magnesium. Plants look good

@VTGROW they are about 5 weeks from transplant. SD is 28 inches tall. Do you have an opinion when I should flip to 12 12 light schedule

Most people use it for the sulfur. Plants looking good.

1 Like

@dbrn32 I’m trying to figure out when to flip lights. This is my first photo grow and I don’t want to screw it up thanks for your help

They are ready to flower whenever you are.

1 Like

@Psu8286
They could double in size, so I would soon or you might not be able to raise your lights high enough

1 Like

@VTGROW true and I dont want to out grow my tent. Are there any pre flower prepping I need to do

Not that I can think of. She’ll start to need bloom nutes though.

@VTGROW I had planned on using FF Tiger Bloom unless there is something better.

Plants grown in coco need a fairly steady supply of Calcium and Magnesium. Molasses isn’t really a nutrient supplement, but rather a microbial feed. You will want to look into using the appropriate elements, rather than relying on sugars.

Why are some of the tips of the newest leaves cut off?

1 Like

I topped and missed on her.

so you wouldn’t use molasses at all? Instead use calmag

Molasses feeds your microbes with some sugar. It contains minimal other nutrients which makes it inappropriate to use as main nutrient; it’s a good supplement, though.

I hate when people call it Calmag. :slightly_smiling_face: Yes, you will want to supplement both elements, Calcium and Magnesium. Not all products are created equal. Lots of calcium products have waaaaay too much nitrogen. For magnesium (and sulphur), epsom salts are great.

@blackthumbbetty ok this is my 1st photo grow so plz excuse my ignorance.

1. Why do I need sulfur?
  2. What nutes do you recommend during flower for Sour Diesel and Maui Wowie?
  3. I’m not seeing any symptoms on the leaves that indicate I have any deficiencies, so should I wait to add calcium and magnesium? Kinda like if it ain’t broken don’t fix it.

You have purple stems.

Also, don’t wait for deficiencies to appear. Typically, once you’re seeing issues manifest themselves visibly, the imbalance has been there for weeks.

Sulphur is a micronutrient which all plants require to grow. There’s science, here, but I don’t know the info off the top of my head. Oh, it also helps boost terps.