18 days auto grow

Blueberry and amnesia haze autos first grow. They Still seem pretty small to me, or is this average for 2 1/2 weeks? They’re roughly 3” tall. Growing in organic soil mix, 5 gallon smart pots, outside by day inside under small leds by night. What y’all think?

2 Likes

3 weeks from seed or true veg?

18 days from breaking ground. Not sure about when actual veg starts.

Right on schedule. They will b in seedling stage for about the first 2 weeks so u are about 3 days into veg.

1 Like

If u want I will tag u into my grow journal. I am doing an auto at almost the same age

1 Like

Awesome news. Lol. Really wasn’t to sure how that worked. I was under the impression that about 28 days after breaking ground they would transition into flower.

1 Like

@anon95385719 please do.

Nope, not true. They seem to go more by height than days old. Be patient, they look healthy and are growing leaves and roots. When the time is right they will flower.

2 Likes

I don’t call it veg until I have my first 3 blade “true” leaf and then I start the counting.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice everyone. They do seem to be putting on more size every sunny day now that they have a few leaves.

@Loneviking @Budbrother @anon95385719
Day 22 from sprouting. My new growth and tips seem to be yellowing. Anybody have any ideas about this?

Do you know what your Ph is? And are you feeding anything yet?

My soil my soil ph is just over 7 I did the first veg feeding about 3 says ago with 1/4 strength nutes from technaflora @raustin

Ok, your ph is way too high, so you’re getting nute lockout which looks like it’s showing up as nitrogen deficiency. You need to lower your ph to at least 6.8, or anywhere between 6.3 to 6.8. Do you have a good Ph meter and way to lower your ph?

1 Like

@raustin so I have a liquid ph meter. I also have a little job that sticks in the pot to measure the dirt ph. That’s where my readings are coming from. I have been ph ing my waters and feed down to 6

1 Like

I see, don’t use the dirt Ph meter, it’s not accurate enough. All you need is the liquid ph meter. You ph your water and nutes going into the soil, and then you measure the ph again when it comes out the bottom of the pot - this is your runoff, and that tells you all you need to know about the ph of the soil. I hope I explained that well. So now you know for the next time you water. Although, it looks like you have a little plant in a big pot, so it might be a little early to water till runoff.

I suggest you just keep an eye on it because it doesn’t look too bad now. If it looks worse tomorrow post another pic and tag me and we’ll come up with a plan. For now, just let it ride out and the next watering you can get a good Ph reading.

1 Like

@raustin thank you. I was just fixing to say I have not watered until runoff yet. It is 5 gallon smart pots I have two plants going. Amnesia haze and a blueberry both autos. The blueberry sprouted a few days later however is a bit bigger and doesn’t appear to show any of these issues. You think I’m safe watering to runoff at this point? Haven’t watered since Monday. Only misted them yesterday

No, I don’t think so. It would take too long for it to dry out. Just water with ph water the way you normally would and see how it looks tomorrow.

2 Likes

It’s not a nitrogen deficiency as that affects the older and lower leaves. The plant cannibalize the lower leaves to feed the new growth. Odds are it is a PH lockout, resulting in an iron deficiency.

2 Likes

@Loneviking @raustin

Both the plants at 26 days. Got a new ph meter today. Slurry test results were at ph 6.8. Ppm 115
I watered with out nutes Friday 1/2 gallon each and the yellowing is still present on the same tips, but has not worsened or been present in new growth.

2 Likes