14x14 grow room. 10 foot ceiling

Im still tryin to come up with a good way to get my pots up off the floor so they can drain. I have a couple ideas but they are takin up too much space , the way i can see it now with a 7ft tent and 1k hps im not gona have around 4ft of total height after you take off space for the light, i cant cram it up aginst the ceiling, and i need a good 24in under the light. Then after you take into account the pots are around 1ft tall on the ground you dont really have alot of space. I know there are alot of things i can do to help, thats what im tryin to learn to do here. Everyone has been very helpful and friendly about it as well.

The Op said he only plans on using 14x14 of it… even still there is construction to be done and all the rest of the expenses which add up quickly.

1 Like

Thats the problem, it all adds up so quick if you try to go too big at first something is gona have to give and from what ive seen people always skimp on SOMETHING the first time around and it always hurts in the end. Buy nice or buy twice, that dont mean top of the line best thing made, just sufficient for what your actual goal is. Dint skimp out on any part of it or it will come back to bite you ive done it 2x now and im hoping 3rd times the charm. I didnt skimp this time too bad, i have a nutes so far but im goin to change that soon as i get paid.

1 Like

I think you’ll see a benefit if you just lift them a few inches. You’ll see some people make pot stands out of 2x4 lumber and chicken wire. Then they put a turkey pan under that to catch runoff.

Other people use oven rack, cement bricks, pvc pipe, or just about anything to lift the pots a few inches so they don’t sit in water.

1 Like

I have a drain in my floor!

I was wondering if chicken wire would do it. I have another question though, do your plants start to droop a little befor the lights go off? Kinda like they know its gettin ready to go off? I noticed this for the last few days and kinda think im crazy but kind of think i can see them doin it for sure. I also think i may have stressed them a little when i fimmed them i also got a tad bit of what looked like too many nutes. I just gave them a good dose of ph correct water im not sure if i can do anything else, sometimes i think less is more in a situation like this, if they dont perk up and look better in the morning i will send you a few pics to look at they arent horrible just dont look quite a good as they did a week ago. I hope they come back i know they are pretty resilient just hope they take off again soon.