14 day old autoflower - does it look good?

Not for me, I like to have 5 or 6 nodes before topping, smaller plants take quite a bit longer to recover from topping and their branches are still too undeveloped for the quick branch growth I want.

1 Like

Cool. I must’ve misunderstood. I think someone on here said they top once the leaves equal the diameter of the container.

They also perked up since I posted that video yesterday. We had a big rain event last night and it’s still coming down, I have about 2 gal of rain water with more to come. The 10 day forecast also calls for 7 straight days in the 70’s. It’s about time. This is the winter that lasts forever.

1 Like

I often see around here advice to transplant when the leaves have overgrown the diameter of the container, I don’t buy that one either, look at my plants, they have clearly overgrown the diameter of the pot they are in, but a full watering still takes 6 days to dry, a clear indication (to me at least) that it’s not time yet for transplant. The real indication for transplant is when you need to water every day or 2.

5 Likes

You are my captain my captain! Those are amazing and they’re the same seeds I have if yours are Roberts.

BTW, I was looking at the vent in your tent that you can see in the photo. I have a 4x4 Gorilla that has one on each side plus the big round ones on each side. My filter will be delivered today so I can install the inline system. I guess my question is, once I install it, how many open holes do I need if I’m installing a closed loop, all but one?

1 Like

How many weeks old are the Gorillas?

1 Like

Yes the Gorilla is Robert’s, and they just turned 5 weeks old in that pic.

I only keep one vent open, the square mesh covered one on the right side of the tent.

1 Like

Right, my GHydro filter just arrived. So to be clear, you have them installed in-line above your lights into one of the big holes, and out of the building-in my case with 6” flexible ducting? Of course every other vent is sealed except the square screen in the photo.

BTW, great call on the ventilation system. That gear is of very high quality and heavy duty. Many thanks for allowing me to stalk you.

18 on and 6 off for lighting is where you wanna be . Looks great for 14 days

2 Likes

Yep, GHydro strapped to a top tent pole then ducting going from it through a top tent hole, connected to the ac infinity on top of the tent then more ducting to my window exhaust.

Ah, so the Infinity is on top, but OUTSIDE the tent?
For some reason I thought you had your filter inside.

Is there a positive advantage that affects the crop or is it a space issue?

Just space, with 3x3, anything that doesn’t need to be in the tent is not in the tent.

See, just a carbon filer in the tent then ducting going up a tent hole. Infinity on top of tent.

1 Like

Original post UPDATE: Lights just came on for Day 21

These girls are looking good! Is it time to LST?

Give me your thoughts.

1 Like

I understand what LST is an acronym for, but how
many techniques are there? Is SCROG considered LST?

My first two need at least another set of leaves and then I’m going to top them and since they’re going outside I’m not going to SCROG them all. In fact, I don’t even know how. I’ve read about it and I feel like it’s pretty intuitive, so I’m not intimidated the Polaroid of my plant at the top was top multiple times but I didn’t know what I was doing.

When they go outside permanently they’re going in 5gal fabric bags, so I’ve got to find my spot and commit to it.

1 Like

Original Post UPDATE Day 22

Tied these girls over just slightly this morning. Hoping to produce a heafty grow out of them for my first grow.

Comments? Thoughts?

158955149582284709387999288uuyu65422|666x500

2 Likes

You should anchor the base of the stem to the other side of the pot to help prevent uprooting the plant.

3 Likes

@Axios420 how’s the LST coming?

How those girls doin??

WTH? On the right is the Bluedreamatic from SM in the U.K. It’s obviously an auto, which two out of the three never germinated and had a white milky substance inside. Maybe it was from soaking three weeks in a bowl and a paper towel for two. The one that did survive took nearly a week to germinate, but has only been above ground for 35 days. The plant on the left is a Bubba Kush freebie. It sprouted nearly right away but is only a week older. The website description of it says it’s Feminized Bubblegum Kush photoperiod.

They’ve been under that same 99 watt HLG LED on 20/4 for at least 30 days each. They’re outside today because I’m doing their first flush since being in the 7 gal container. I know it’s not ideal, but the reason they’re in one container is complicated.

The reason I’m using this light is simply experimental. I’m getting two of the 260’s in August but I wanted to see how an auto would do under this light, and since the BK was a freebie, I said what the hell, why not.

So anyway, is this how they’re supposed to look, or have they been victimized by their inexperienced owner? The numbers are good, and I tested the TDS/ppm when I transplanted them about two weeks ago and it was 1700is. I’m using nothing but
a little CalMag and the FF Trio sans the Tiger Bloom. The BD sputtered as a seedling but I put them both outside because when we had 7 straight days of clear skies so I put them on our glass picnic table and they exploded. Maybe I didn’t sync the photoperiod correctly, but it was just a week, and I
brought them in and put them under the light to make sure they got their 20 hours of direct light.

FYI- the other plants have been outside for about a month, and they’ve started flowering. They’re both from dispensary flower and I don’t know the strain.
PTS was the grower of the larger of the four. The poinsettia plants are called 24K from CK, and they’re growing like weeds.
@Hellraiser
Thanks

2 Likes

They look good and healthy, some just grow like that.

3 Likes

Looking better then me. Then again I just planted my seeds 4 days ago really hoping they pop :grimacing:

1 Like