130 run off after feed?

I suggest flush then.

1 Like

I used to use fox farms soil and nutes, and neglected the flush. Always had issues mid flower.

Then followed the flush schedule and had smooth grows. Sledgehammer is easier than 3x the pot size worth of water, but it isnā€™t completely necessary.

1 Like

Ok Iā€™ll flush them within 24 hours, canā€™t hurt, I flushed my first grow WW photo. I really didnā€™t add any nutes until until day 32, so 16 days, so sheā€™s only had 5 feedings including todayā€™s
If you donā€™t mind me asking what trouble did u have?

Flush them next time theyā€™re dry. Donā€™t rush it.

If youā€™re using fox farms ocean forest the plants donā€™t get too hungry until the 2nd month.

Iā€™ve got one plant in its 4th month of flower using ffof thatā€™s never had nutes. Itā€™s an experiment involving cold.

Missing the flush might explain your high ppm

1 Like

Iā€™m in Happy frog, and patient with nutes , Iā€™ll flush them down to a 6-7 hundred , or should I shot for lower?
Yea I grew in same media 1st grow, I flushed but didnā€™t have ppm meter at all then but reading fore told me easy on nutes with ff brand

Sounds good. Your plants show youā€™re on the right track

1 Like

Glad to see you fixed the mystery of the meter. So I think your PPM is good if youā€™re in early flower. You want to be between 1200 and 1500, so youā€™re good, no need to flush.

1 Like

Have you heard of the med man method, which protocols a lower ppm with claims of generalized problems, stunted growth, and an biological attraction to pest and micro problems with mold and such all from to high nutes depositing salts.
I know lots of hydro, Coco, live but the nute schedule and readings for consistency in levels, since the reason I went for soil lol Iā€™m not disciplined enough for hydo yet, that being said nothing against it Iā€™ve seen monster plants 6-8 oz autos amazing, I never expected to get those results n soil but still could get in 4 oz range with proper nutes and upgrade lights ect as I can.
So in summary Iā€™m wondering if soil should be treated differently than hydro and if so how does one find the science behind that? Thereā€™s so many variables in this growing world of cannabis.

This chart is certainly one way to do it, though I think those PPM numbers are pretty low for flowering plants, but it would probably work. I like to push nutes as hard as the plants will take it, but thatā€™s just me. There are many different feeding techniques to follow.

Soil is definitely treated differently than hydro because the soil is a buffer against bad numbers, so problems donā€™t show as quickly. Hydro is very touchy with little room for error.

1 Like

I feel what you saying and that seems to be the general consensus out there, I think for my own experiment Iā€™m going to try one low and one high and see if I can tell the difference.

1 Like

I followed @screwauger time line and just adjusted feed by what the plants wanted. Granted thatā€™s a little easier in hydro because I can go up and down as needed.

1 Like

I know he gets some amazing results Iā€™d be interested in knowing what his ppm was during flower, Iā€™ll head over and give it a read .thanks @DoobieNoobie

1 Like

He definitely does grow some monsters. Thatā€™s a long thread but thereā€™s other good info in it besides the timeline. Thatā€™s one of the first posts I found here when getting started and I saved it knowing it would be useful.

1 Like

Yea reading over there now just getting to his flowering stage but he hasnā€™t mentioned ppm yet.

Can I ask what yours were your ppms were in flower? I think most hydro, autopots and Coco stay in the high range donā€™t they?

1 Like

I was at around 1000ppm at the transition to flower. Lowered to about 800 for the switch. And now at 1000ppm and will start going up by about 100ppm a week unless I see any signs of excess or deficiency. But 225 ppm are my water.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing man that sounds pretty reasonable, I guess the best judge is how your plants respond and so far it seems most everyone pushes them hot through flower.
The more I think about about it the harder it is to choose I guess Iā€™m gonna run one of each and see what I get.
My ppm tap is about the same as yours, think Iā€™ll do a slurry tomorrow before I go to work and see what this numbers show.

2 Likes