13 days in of my start with an auto within an earthbox. The other in a 3 gallon pot a which i started just days ago. #newbiehere

7 Likes

Congrats on the new start and welcome to the forum! For future reference its better to take pictures in natural or white lighting so everyone can see them better. I’ll tag along and find some auto growers to tag for ya if you dont mind i know @Nicky grows autos and @Not2SureYet maybe grows exclusively autos if i remember right?

3 Likes

Makes sense. Just excited to start and took photos of what i had. Thanks for advice on future references

5 Likes

No problem man! Its always exciting to start a new hobby and this one has been one of my favorites so far and eventually it’ll pay off when i quit getting new equipment lol

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!!! Lots of good people and info here! Good luck and happy growing!!!

3 Likes

Welcome aboard!!! Best of luck with your new endeavor. I hope you enjoy yourself, and meet some excellent growmies along the way. :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes

After adjusting lighting. #newbiehere

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum. :+1: I would recommend dropping your light by about8" to try and stop this little one from stretching to much. If you don’t have them all ready. Binder clips will clip on the side of the pots easy to do some training later. Which auto did you choose? And just my O2. I have never grown in soil before but know the plants stay smaller in it. With that. I my self wouldn’t top this. Training would give you the best and easiest start in my O2 :grin: Also, Id your tent the 4’ or 5’ tall one. Just asking because you will need to keep that light about 16" or more off the top of the plant later on :grin: I used to use the Viparspectras that are similar to your light. They work great. But add a lot of heat to the tent. And use a lot more power than the newer LEDs. You will do fine as you are though. I will tray and tag along also. There are a bunch of autos growers in here. My mind is still foggy lol @neofirebird @Capt.Cola @bonnie1 are a few more auto growers that jump out at me. @Myfriendis410 has done autos and used a light similar to yours too. :grin:

5 Likes

Nice to see another Earthbox user. From my experience, the Earthbox girls can get very large so watch your height with her.
What soil are you using?

5 Likes

Sorry. You slipped my mind @GreenJewels I need more coffee :laughing:

3 Likes

@Not2SureYet Thanks. Yes i dropped to desired height.lol sat the baby on a bucket

4 Likes

@GreenJewels im using build a soil 3.0 mix

2 Likes

Nice!! Excellent soil choice. Eventually you can male your own, of you choose. Hopefully the soil came with some worms in it.
Just dont fill that reservoir untill they start really taking off. I learned that the hard way

2 Likes

Yes as @Budbrother has displayed.

2 Likes

Good choice for mentor. He taught me soooooo much on organic gardening. Definitely read back thru his grows when you get a chance. So much knowledge and info :exploding_head:

3 Likes

I am grateful with a capital G

3 Likes

@Not2SureYet - Hey what’s up? Happy Holidays! Sorry I haven’t been around but I’m going out to get groceries & stop by my hydroponics store to get dirt, etc. Right now I’m growing 3 Bruce Banner, 2 CP, 2 Blue Dream I just cut down 2 CP, 1 Bruce. I’m leaving for shopping in awhile and will take pics when I get back on my thread. I’m still doing what I was doing, seems to work best for me and keeps the weed a comin! :joy::seedling::herb: have a great day!

2 Likes

Sounds like a productive day. Thanks have a good one.

1 Like

@M1dwe2tern - I don’t know what an earth box is and I never use worms for growing anything so not sure I’ll be of much help to you. I use fox farm Ocean forest soil and nutrients. I just grow in soil & 5 gal pots. autoflowers the old fashioned way I guess! Works best for me. Happy Growing :grimacing::seedling::herb:

2 Likes

With the guidance of @Budbrother i was lrad to try one especially being s newbie. Lol thank you though and happy growing as well.

3 Likes